Massa ‘won’t let Alonso through’ next time

F1 Fanatic Round-up

Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, Ferrari, Monza, 2013In the round-up: As he leaves Ferrari Felipe Massa tells Fernando Alonso he won’t be getting any more favours on the track.

Links

Your daily digest of F1 news, views, features and more.

Massa bids Ferrari farewell (Ferrari)

“Finally Felipe had an affectionate word for his friend and team-mate Fernando Alonso, joking about the incident in the 2010 German Grand Prix. ‘Thanks also to you Fer, we will meet again on track and this time I will try not to let you through.’”

Brawn excited by ‘extreme’ 2014 rules (Autosport)

“I think it’s going to be a pretty extreme case next year. I’ve been involved in those situations more than once, 1994 was a good example, 2009 was a good example and I’m sure there are ones in between that don’t come to mind!”

Vettel awarded BBC Overseas prize (BBC)

“Sebastian Vettel has been named the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year after winning his fourth successive Formula One world championship.”

Tweets

Comment of the day

@TimothyKatz has bad news for Luca di Montezemolo:

‘I for one am definitely sick of coming second,’ Montezemolo added.

You didn?t. You came third.
@TimothyKatz

From the forum

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday to Johnny86, Ovviamente and Matthew Nowell!

On this day in F1

Genii Capital took over the Renault F1 team four years ago today.

Image ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

52 comments on Massa ‘won’t let Alonso through’ next time

1. He’ll have no choice. It’ll be a drive through penalty if he ignores the blue flags.

2. Timothy Katz (@timothykatz) said on 16th December 2013, 7:58

Oo-err! Comment of the day.
    I probably shouldn’t have written that; unnecessarily bitchy. So I’m sorry if it upset anyone.

3. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 16th December 2013, 9:00

If enough people make the same comment about blue flags, does it become Comment of the Day?

I think Massa’s just relieved he won’t have to wear the new Ferrari race suits in Bertolini’s photo.

4. BasCB (@bascb) said on 16th December 2013, 9:42

Might be just me (I did see it mentioned before though), but giving him just the engine is a bit meh. Why couldn’t Ferrari give Massa the whole car he ran in Interlagos 2008? THat would have been a nice gesture. This is awkward.

5. Optimaximal (@optimaximal) said on 16th December 2013, 9:58

Are people that in love with Alonso that they are taking Massa’s words as a genuine threat or intent, and not a snarky quip at the team for allowing that situation in 2010 to happen?

6. BasCB (@bascb) said on 16th December 2013, 9:59

Interesting piece in Swiss Blick (in German) about the current state at Sauber. Seems its still quite tight and unclear where the money is going to come from for the next seasons (and it also hints that far less Mexican money was actually received than hoped – or maybe even than promised/agreed?)

7. DaveF1 (@davef1) said on 16th December 2013, 10:52

While Felipe is a nice guy I fully expect Bottas to beat him just like Alonso has been doing the past 4 years. I would have preferred he called it quits after Brazil rather than try and eek out a few more seasons at Williams as we all now how well that went for Rubens.

8. James (@jaymz) said on 16th December 2013, 12:12

Lol at how many people made a blue flag joke. Wasn’t funny the first time.

Maybe read through the comments before posting a rubbish joke.

9. mixwell (@mixwell) said on 16th December 2013, 12:39

well he might have to. when he sees the blue flags being waved for his Sauber

10. Sam (@) said on 16th December 2013, 15:02

@TimothyKatz

Have you received your angry letter from him already?

11. zoom (@zoomracing) said on 16th December 2013, 15:58

Massa should be more worrid about Bottas more than anything.

12. Robbie said on 16th December 2013, 23:23

Seems like I’m practically alone with what I’m about to say, but I’m not ready to discount FM’s extensive experience in F1, so I’m not as convinced as some that he will have a hard time against Bottas. Sure Bottas has some continuity with the team, but I think FM could be looking at this as a fresh start, with fresh new cars and regs, and he’ll be an equal at Williams. I think and hope he will surprise his naysayers with this new opportunity.