Caption Competition 43: Chilton and Surtees

Caption Competition

Max Chilton, John Surees, Monza, 2013

Max Chilton is the latest driver to have his place on the 2014 grid confirmed as he continues for a second season with Marussia.

Chilton, who made history by being classified in all 19 races in his debut season, will drive Marussia’s first Ferrari-powered car this year. Here he is talking to Ferrari’s 1964 world champion John Surtees at last year’s Italian Grand Prix.

Can you think up a good caption to go with this picture? Post your suggestions in the comments and a selection of the best will appear in tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Marussia

106 comments on Caption Competition 43: Chilton and Surtees

1 2 3 5
  1. ECWDanSelby (@ecwdanselby) said on 18th January 2014, 11:02

Surtees: “See that, Max!”
    Max: “Wha… See what, John?”
    Surtees: “That! See that? It’s called ‘talent’ – now go and get it!”

2. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 18th January 2014, 11:04

You’re in the wrong red car! Get over to the other one!

3. cmckinleyF1 (@cmckinleyf1) said on 18th January 2014, 11:06

JS “I was motorcycling world champion, F1 world champion, i won out on this legendary circuit and i even had my own team”
    MC “Not bad but did you ever finish every race in a season?

4. Adrian Pearson said on 18th January 2014, 11:07

You need to be at THAT end of the grid!

5. Sam (@) said on 18th January 2014, 11:07

Surtees ‘Look at all those fast cars you’ll never drive…’

6. Adrian Pearson said on 18th January 2014, 11:08

I remember this when it was all fields….

7. Fab F1 (@fabf1) said on 18th January 2014, 11:09

“Last year you finished all races at first from last”. We are expecting the same this time too. So no Turbo, no DRS, No ERS… Now get them buddy…

8. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 18th January 2014, 11:10

Surtees: “Now that’s how you win a Grand Prix…”

9. Master firelee (@master-firelee) said on 18th January 2014, 11:12

JS “This Max is a pit lane, and that Max is a circuit, it is usually customary to drive faster on the latter.”

10. David-A (@david-a) said on 18th January 2014, 11:12

JS: “If we raced to the end of the pitlane there, and I were on foot, I’d still win”

11. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 18th January 2014, 11:24

A legendary racing driver talks to a young fan.

12. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 18th January 2014, 11:28

MC: “Hi John, My name’s M..”
    JS: “Get out.”

13. JS: I’m a little teapot short and stout, here’s my handle….
    MC: -holds stomach to prevent lol at crazy old guy-

14. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 18th January 2014, 11:30

So it’s striaght down there and then left, thats where I’ll find the sunbeds?

• Pink Peril (@pink-peril) said on 19th January 2014, 21:17

Hahaha, Max does look a little like he has been left in a Tandoori oven too long.

JS: While you were in doing your hair and using the teeth whitener, the other drivers were over there, lining up on the start of the grid for the race.

15. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 18th January 2014, 11:34

Surtees: Oh, those red cars over there, I loved driving for Ferrari. Son, do you realize what does the support of Maranello mean for your team this year?
    Chilton: 19 consecutive race weekends of pasta? Mmmm…

16. Julien (@jlracing) said on 18th January 2014, 11:36

JS: “Come on young boy, go quickly to the grid! The GP3 race will start in a few minutes!”

17. Look boy, over there! A penny! You’ll need it to keep your drive next season

18. “My car was faster than your,” Surtees

19. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 18th January 2014, 11:44

“John, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have never used hair gel. Certainly not in the quantities you describe. Now, there are certain people out there – certain very interested, very powerful people – who want to see that things stay that way. Now, I don’t want to name names and drag somebody’s reputation through the mud, but the last person who suggested I was wearing hair gel … well, lets just say that he won’t be running McLaren for much longer.”

20. Jason Norwood said on 18th January 2014, 11:46

JS: See that car over there Max…. Just went out for a drive and went so fast my face nearly fell off.

1 2 3 5