Caption Competition 43: Chilton and Surtees

Caption Competition

Max Chilton, John Surees, Monza, 2013

Max Chilton is the latest driver to have his place on the 2014 grid confirmed as he continues for a second season with Marussia.

Chilton, who made history by being classified in all 19 races in his debut season, will drive Marussia’s first Ferrari-powered car this year. Here he is talking to Ferrari’s 1964 world champion John Surtees at last year’s Italian Grand Prix.

Can you think up a good caption to go with this picture? Post your suggestions in the comments and a selection of the best will appear in tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Marussia

106 comments on Caption Competition 43: Chilton and Surtees

1. hunocsi (@hunocsi) said on 18th January 2014, 12:34

Sorry Max, the GP2 paddock is over there!

2. Young man, would you mind getting me a cold drink from that fridge over there?

3. ken (@whatevz) said on 18th January 2014, 12:54

Surtees: Yo, those haters always gonna hate. Don’t you worry about them, they just jelly!

Chilton: Jelly short for jealous, right? I can’t keep up with your young people’s slang.

4. SuperSic58 (@supersic58) said on 18th January 2014, 12:55

JS: “And if you get your knee down into turns 1 and 2, you might just get an edge over Jules”

5. David Claxton said on 18th January 2014, 13:05

Look my boy, first of all you win on 2 wheels and then you go to four

6. Bwal87 (@bwal87) said on 18th January 2014, 13:10

John Surtees deep in conversation with the son of Aon’s former vice-chairman Grahame Chilton.

7. David Claxton said on 18th January 2014, 13:19

I’m nearly 80 you know. Yes, next month I think.

8. Mitch (@mwyndo7) said on 18th January 2014, 13:22

“Remember to turn the limiter OFF when you leave the pitlane!”

9. michaeldobson13 (@michaeldobson13) said on 18th January 2014, 13:26

JS: And here is a list of all your greatest achievements:
    1. Finish every race in a season
    2. Appear in a caption competition
    3. Err…

10. Nikeros said on 18th January 2014, 13:26

There’s the door kid. F1 isn’t for you. Go get a job in a bank somewhere.

11. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 18th January 2014, 13:32

John: You brake here – watch my right arm – and I braked there – watch my left arm – in the 1960s. Anything in your defence?

12. Jaanus (@jaanusl) said on 18th January 2014, 13:45

MC: “Mr. Surtees, I am really strong, wanna feel my abs?”
    JS: “What?! Get the fudge out!”

13. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 18th January 2014, 13:45

Surtees: ‘Even my dance moves are better than your driving.’

14. scuderiaexxon said on 18th January 2014, 13:46

“So Max, your performance is represented by my right hand and Jules performance by my left, notice the difference?”

15. Lucas Wilson (@full-throttle-f1) said on 18th January 2014, 13:49

Surtees: hey Tom Daly, the diving board is over there.