The team confirmed the news following speculation they would not be able to participate in the first test session of the new season at Jerez next week as teams must now pass the FIA’s crash tests before running their cars.
McLaren are set to be the first team to reveal their 2014 contender when they unveil the MP4-29 in an online launch on Friday.
The new car will be the last of their chassis to be powered by Mercedes before the team switch engine suppliers to Honda in 2015.
Get all the 2014 race, test and launch dates on your mobile device using the F1 Fanatic Calendar
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® McLaren/Hoch Zwei