Force India reveal first picture of VJM07

2014 F1 cars

Force India VJM07, 2014

Force India have become the first team to reveal an image of their 2014 F1 contender.

The VJM07 was shown for the first time by the team on Twitter.

“I always enjoy seeing a Formula One car come to life, but I can?t remember so much anticipation ahead of a new season,” said managing director Vijay Mallya.

“The rule changes have presented us with a huge challenge, but I?m very proud of the approach we have taken and the direction of the technical team. It will be fascinating to see how different teams have interpreted the rules and at this stage it?s impossible to predict who has done the best job.

“It?s this uncertainty that should make for a very entertaining season of racing, which is great news for the fans.”

One of the first noticeable changes on the new car is a revised colour scheme. “The new car livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving.”

“I?ve always believed the saffron, white and green livery has made our cars the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main colour gives us a fierce new look.”

“The national colours of India remain an integral part of the car, but the tiger has become a panther! As we enter our seventh season with new partnerships and new names on the car, our contemporary new look helps signal our ambition.”

The new car is the first to benefit from Force India’s expanded agreement with Mercedes which includes its 1.6-litre V6 turbo engine, energy recovery systems and eight-speed gearbox. Force India confirmed the car uses pullrod suspension at the rear and pushrods at the front.

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

Image ?? Force India

107 comments on Force India reveal first picture of VJM07

1. SeaHorse (@seahorse) said on 22nd January 2014, 9:55

I to be honest was expecting a slight modification in SFI’s livery incorporating blue to capture all the colours of the Indian flag. But, I was taken by surprise when I saw the new livery! I would have preferred them to replace white with saffron or green at the nose. Other than this I am pretty impressed by the new paint scheme of Force India.

What about the nose? It looks low from the side profile, but I do hope it isn’t the walrus nose from the front. But I am quite happy that it did not end up like the anteater nose as projected by other forums and websites.

2. One thing you can notice is that the chassis is very high compared to what we knew from the new rules. I think there’ll be a step on the nose (like someone already suggested) to stay within the limits that is strategically hidden by the front tyre in this side image…anyone agree?

3. Paul (@frankjaeger) said on 22nd January 2014, 10:23

the nose profile seems like it will look strange when viewed from the front. Regardless, cool livery

4. Tomsk (@tomsk) said on 22nd January 2014, 10:53

Where do the numbers go?
    Looks like they’re still gonna be way too small.

5. Garns (@) said on 22nd January 2014, 10:56

I thing that looks great, certainly an improvement on last year and hopefully a bit quicker as well!!

6. geekracer2000 (@geekracer2000) said on 22nd January 2014, 11:08

Looks great. Not as bad as I suspected the cars would look this year, from this angle at least.
    Very nice livery too.

7. photozen said on 22nd January 2014, 11:15

Like the livery. Nice change and the black seems to make it appear more aggressive. Will have to wait to see the nose to see how they designed that and then have an opinion on it.

8. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 22nd January 2014, 11:31

Absolutly love it, great looking car!

9. Deej92 (@deej92) said on 22nd January 2014, 11:34

That’s a nice livery – it seems to work well with the orange, but not too much is given away regarding the nose. I notice Claro is on the car but not Telmex but they could still be on it when we get a better view or at a later date.

10. ramy (@ramysennaf1) said on 22nd January 2014, 11:41

love the livery, certainly reminds us of the 80s-90s colorful cars(bennetton-jordan-larrousse lamborghini).

11. Markus (@maxsu) said on 22nd January 2014, 12:10

Looks to me a bit like a 2002 Minardi PS02, only cleaner and sharper. Looking like a Minardi, by the way, is only a good thing in my book. Force India is slowly winning me over, I hope this is a good year for them.

12. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 22nd January 2014, 12:11

That is an awesome livery! The black really helps make it look more… Badass.

13. Ashdin said on 22nd January 2014, 12:14

It looks menacing , it’s got attitude , it’s devilish and it’s force india . I love it ! Period

14. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 22nd January 2014, 12:45