Force India reveal first picture of VJM07

2014 F1 cars

Force India VJM07, 2014

Force India have become the first team to reveal an image of their 2014 F1 contender.

The VJM07 was shown for the first time by the team on Twitter.

“I always enjoy seeing a Formula One car come to life, but I can?t remember so much anticipation ahead of a new season,” said managing director Vijay Mallya.

“The rule changes have presented us with a huge challenge, but I?m very proud of the approach we have taken and the direction of the technical team. It will be fascinating to see how different teams have interpreted the rules and at this stage it?s impossible to predict who has done the best job.

“It?s this uncertainty that should make for a very entertaining season of racing, which is great news for the fans.”

One of the first noticeable changes on the new car is a revised colour scheme. “The new car livery reflects the way Sahara Force India is evolving.”

“I?ve always believed the saffron, white and green livery has made our cars the most eye-catching, but adding black as a main colour gives us a fierce new look.”

“The national colours of India remain an integral part of the car, but the tiger has become a panther! As we enter our seventh season with new partnerships and new names on the car, our contemporary new look helps signal our ambition.”

The new car is the first to benefit from Force India’s expanded agreement with Mercedes which includes its 1.6-litre V6 turbo engine, energy recovery systems and eight-speed gearbox. Force India confirmed the car uses pullrod suspension at the rear and pushrods at the front.

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

Image ?? Force India

107 comments on Force India reveal first picture of VJM07

1. lubhz (@lubhz) said on 22nd January 2014, 13:57

It’s really really cool.

2. Looks lovely. And all this after being told to expect some ugly cars.

3. Jason (@saint-jay) said on 22nd January 2014, 14:44

I’m thankful that the body looks quite nice.

The livery is a fresh new style, but i’ve never been much of a fan of Force India’s liveries so it is no surprise it still does not impress me.

4. DaveD (@daved) said on 22nd January 2014, 14:53

Great job on the livery! And from a side profile it still looks sleek. Now if they’ll just show us that nose from the front! :)

5. I am very excited for the new F1 season. I quite like the livery.

6. I should probably wipe the drool from off of my desk soon.

7. Thats one heck of a livery!!! Lovely job FI..

8. Lose one whisky sponsor, get a new one straight away… must be a waiting list.

9. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 22nd January 2014, 17:52

I know a lot of people are apprehensive about the noses, but at least it looks like a real racing car when seen in profile.

10. Bobby (@f1bobby) said on 22nd January 2014, 18:10

Great livery. Better than any 2013 livery in my opinion.

11. dot_com (@dot_com) said on 22nd January 2014, 18:39

This looks 20 times better than last years car. I fully expect a lot of teams will drastically change their liveries this year, with it being such a massive overhaul of the regs and so on. FI also have such a good driver pairing this year, I really hope the car is as good as it looks. But I still hope Williams beat them :)

12. spoutnik (@spoutnik) said on 22nd January 2014, 19:39

There is an article on toilef1 site which tries to deduce the frontal look of the force india, give it a look :)

13. Todd (@braketurnaccelerate) said on 22nd January 2014, 20:24

So their nose will pretty much look exactly like what was predicted.

14. celoaz (@celoaz) said on 22nd January 2014, 21:49

Guys, I was looking this new livery, and a certain FW26 came into my mind…
    Check the side view here.

In 2004, I was 15 years old and I liked very much this “crazy Williams nose”, but it doesn’t made good results on track, so the team redesigned the front for Hungaroring, making an more traditional nose.
    What do you think about it? Does the side view of the VJM07 remember the FW26, or am I crazy?