2014 Russian Grand Prix
Updated satellite photographs of Sochi reveal the site of this year’s Russian Grand Prix in greater detail.
The outline of the 5.853km (3.64-mile) Sochi International Street Circuit is now visible. A typical street circuit, more than half of its 19 turns are approximately right angles.
The track will be run in a clockwise direction and the race distance is likely to be 53 laps. The race will start at 3pm local time.
Russia’s first grand prix track is being built on the site of the Sochi Olympic Park which will host next month’s Winter Olympics.
Thanks to David Reid for the tip.
Over to you
Are you planning a trip to the Russian Grand Prix? Join the discussion here:
2014 F1 season
- Rosberg’s chance to hit back at Hamilton
- Red Bull lose appeal against Ricciardo’s Australian Grand Prix disqualification
- Technical director Bob Bell to leave Mercedes
- Car sales chief Mattiacci takes Domenicali’s place
- Domenicali steps down after Ferrari’s poor start
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles