The first real audio recording of a 2014 F1 engine has been revealed by Caterham.
The team recorded the sound of its Renault Energy F1 engine being fired up for the first time at its factory.
The sound of Formula One’s new engines has been a major point of discussion since the switch from normally aspirated 2.4-litre V8s to turbocharged 1.6-litre V6s was announced.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles