Mercedes have run their 2014 F1 car for the first time at Silverstone today.
Nico Rosberg put the first laps on the W05, which is powered by Mercedes’ PU106A V6 turbo hybrid engine.
Rosberg took the car out on track for the first time shortly after 2pm and completed 40 kilometres of running before the test concluded at 4:30pm.
“Such a great feeling,” Rosberg wrote on Twitter. “Just drove my new silver arrow for the first time. It looks quick, but I don’t know if it is quick yet!”
Mercedes are yet to publicly reveal the car, which is set to be shown for the first time on the opening day of the Jerez test on Tuesday.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei