Ferrari have confirmed their new F1 car will be called the F14 T following a poll on its website.
The name was chosen by 32.9% of the 1.1 million fans who voted in the poll. The runner-up choice of F166 Turbo attracted 31.2% of the vote, with the rest split between F14 Scuderia, F14 Maranello and F616.
The Ferrari F14 T is set to be launched tomorrow. It will be the team’s first car powered by a V6 turbo engine since the F1/87-88C used in the 1988 season.
“The amazing number of votes shows just how popular Ferrari has always been and this will be, as always, a further impetus for us to do well this year,” said team principal Stefano Domenicali.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Ferrari/Ercole Colombo