Ferrari F14 T: First pictures

2014 F1 cars

Ferrari F14 T

The Ferrari F14 T has been revealed for the first time by the team. Ferrari hope to win their first world championship in six years with their 2014 contender.

Ferrari have retained pull-rod suspension front and rear on the car, but the F14 T is otherwise very different from its predecessor, largely due to the changes in the technical rules for 2014.

The name for the new car was chosen by a public vote of over one million Ferrari fans.

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

Images ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

220 comments on Ferrari F14 T: First pictures

1. GuitarGraham said on 25th January 2014, 13:36

well this one hit the ugly tree big time!

2. Boomerang said on 25th January 2014, 13:37

This car should oversteer as crazy!

3. wow !,,the view from the back is awesome

4. mateuss (@mateuss) said on 25th January 2014, 13:38

The Ferrari F14 T Unisex.

5. Aimal (@aimalkhan) said on 25th January 2014, 13:38

wow… this is NOT what F1 cars are supposed to look like. Thanks FIA.

• dkpioe said on 25th January 2014, 17:24

what are they “SUPPOSED” to look like??? over 60 years of f1 has seen them change every year. f1 cars are not meant to be built to look nice, but built to go fast. I like the variety, it helps identify each year as unique. this fashion of slamming the looks of f1 cars is a direct result of the internet and forums I believe. you didn’t hear much about the cars looks in the 80s and 90s, and I am sure even in the 70s (before my era), where they had tremendously ugly cars.

• Mads (@mads) said on 25th January 2014, 19:30

I agree the 70’s were properly ugly. But I simply don’t see what could possibly be wrong with the shapes of the 80’s and 90’s. Some of the details are a little clumsy and boxy, but the overall shape is just pure race car. To me anyway.
        Of cause F1 is about going fast, but all the rules in recent years have been slowing the cars down. So they might as well make sure that they at least aren’t offensively ugly..

6. Fixy (@fixy) said on 25th January 2014, 13:39

The nose tip itself is the best so far, but they managed to have the rest look ugly anyway… another stepped nose! The airbox is shaped even worse and the black looks out of place at the rear, really.

7. Sharon H (@sharoncom) said on 25th January 2014, 13:39

I prefer this to the McLaren, Williams and Lotus. It’s still odd-looking, though. Looking at it, it doesn’t bring ‘speed machine’ to mind, more ‘leaf-blower’.

8. Mouse_Nightshirt (@mouse_nightshirt) said on 25th January 2014, 13:40

I’m thinking dolphin here.

9. bad jar jar

10. McLaren finger-nose looks much better, than this.

11. azrul azim (@azrul202) said on 25th January 2014, 13:41

well, so far the hideous nose of all f1 car

12. Jethro (@jethro) said on 25th January 2014, 13:42

They’ve covered up the rear diffuser, I wonder if there is something interesting/innovative going on under there. Alternatively, given the tight schedules, they may not have got round to designing it yet!

13. iAltair (@ialtair) said on 25th January 2014, 13:43

It’s the back of the car going to be like this or just a cover from the media?

Looks terrible

14. Lucien_Todutz (@lucien_todutz) said on 25th January 2014, 13:45

The stepped nose is back at Ferrari in a way isn’t it? sadly :(

• Deej92 (@deej92) said on 25th January 2014, 18:52

I’d say it’s a slopping nose more than a step. This isn’t as bad as the stepped nose, for sure. I was told to expect them to be worse, but they genuinely haven’t been thus far.

15. Younes said on 25th January 2014, 13:45

looks like some elephant sat on its nose

16. By far, the ugliest car revealed so far. The Mclaren looks beautiful compared to this thing.

17. Hatham Al-Shabibi (@) said on 25th January 2014, 13:45

This isn’t actually that bad. I kinda like the low profile on the nose. Or maybe I have a thing for handheld vacuum cleaners.

18. dot_com (@dot_com) said on 25th January 2014, 13:45

The car is actually quite pretty. Apart from the nose, which is just weird looking – weirdest 2014 nose so far. I wonder how they have avoided the phalic trend that all others have gone for? Regardless of the car – Kimi and Alonso are the best driver pairing I’ve seen for a long time! Can’t wait.

19. naz3012 (@naz3012) said on 25th January 2014, 13:47

So the Mclaren elephant sat on the ferrari’s nose..

20. Steph (@stephanief1990) said on 25th January 2014, 13:48

I’m not really a great fan of the black. It still looks gorgeous livery wise but Ferrari was at its best in 2010 on that front. The best that can be said about the shape though is that it isn’t the most ugly so far.