Ferrari F14 T: First pictures

2014 F1 cars

Ferrari F14 T

The Ferrari F14 T has been revealed for the first time by the team. Ferrari hope to win their first world championship in six years with their 2014 contender.

Ferrari have retained pull-rod suspension front and rear on the car, but the F14 T is otherwise very different from its predecessor, largely due to the changes in the technical rules for 2014.

The name for the new car was chosen by a public vote of over one million Ferrari fans.

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

Images ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

220 comments on Ferrari F14 T: First pictures

1. Strontium (@strontium) said on 25th January 2014, 13:34

Hate the livery. Ferrari’s should be fully red, not half red and half black!

2. Osvaldas31 (@osvaldas31) said on 25th January 2014, 13:34

Platybus is back !!!

3. Japhew Ryder (@japhew-ryder) said on 25th January 2014, 13:34

oh my, even worse than the McLaren

4. Koko237 said on 25th January 2014, 13:36

Mama Mia! I think I am going to follow the races on the radio. This is just ridiculous. Although the Ferrari looks the best from all other cars, but nevertheless it is still hideous.

5. Lucien_Todutz (@lucien_todutz) said on 25th January 2014, 13:36

if you don’t use the “finger” design in the purpose to get as much air under the car as possible… why, why, why? my beautiful Ferrari car maker create such an abomination? ohhhhh why?

6. GuitarGraham said on 25th January 2014, 13:36

well this one hit the ugly tree big time!

7. Boomerang said on 25th January 2014, 13:37

This car should oversteer as crazy!

8. wow !,,the view from the back is awesome

9. mateuss (@mateuss) said on 25th January 2014, 13:38

The Ferrari F14 T Unisex.

10. Aimal (@aimalkhan) said on 25th January 2014, 13:38

wow… this is NOT what F1 cars are supposed to look like. Thanks FIA.

• dkpioe said on 25th January 2014, 17:24

what are they “SUPPOSED” to look like??? over 60 years of f1 has seen them change every year. f1 cars are not meant to be built to look nice, but built to go fast. I like the variety, it helps identify each year as unique. this fashion of slamming the looks of f1 cars is a direct result of the internet and forums I believe. you didn’t hear much about the cars looks in the 80s and 90s, and I am sure even in the 70s (before my era), where they had tremendously ugly cars.

• Mads (@mads) said on 25th January 2014, 19:30

I agree the 70’s were properly ugly. But I simply don’t see what could possibly be wrong with the shapes of the 80’s and 90’s. Some of the details are a little clumsy and boxy, but the overall shape is just pure race car. To me anyway.
        Of cause F1 is about going fast, but all the rules in recent years have been slowing the cars down. So they might as well make sure that they at least aren’t offensively ugly..

11. Fixy (@fixy) said on 25th January 2014, 13:39

The nose tip itself is the best so far, but they managed to have the rest look ugly anyway… another stepped nose! The airbox is shaped even worse and the black looks out of place at the rear, really.

12. Sharon H (@sharoncom) said on 25th January 2014, 13:39

I prefer this to the McLaren, Williams and Lotus. It’s still odd-looking, though. Looking at it, it doesn’t bring ‘speed machine’ to mind, more ‘leaf-blower’.

13. Mouse_Nightshirt (@mouse_nightshirt) said on 25th January 2014, 13:40

I’m thinking dolphin here.

14. bad jar jar

15. McLaren finger-nose looks much better, than this.