Ferrari F14 T: First pictures

2014 F1 cars

Ferrari F14 T

The Ferrari F14 T has been revealed for the first time by the team. Ferrari hope to win their first world championship in six years with their 2014 contender.

Ferrari have retained pull-rod suspension front and rear on the car, but the F14 T is otherwise very different from its predecessor, largely due to the changes in the technical rules for 2014.

The name for the new car was chosen by a public vote of over one million Ferrari fans.

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

Images ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

220 comments on Ferrari F14 T: First pictures

1. Nige.B (@nigel2509) said on 25th January 2014, 13:49

Quite simple really! I don’t like it!!!

2. Eggry (@eggry) said on 25th January 2014, 13:49

Oh Dear

3. SeaHorse (@seahorse) said on 25th January 2014, 13:51

The F14-T seems to reincarnate the stepped nose concept with one of the weird designs for nose of an F1 car. Still it is much better than those anteaters and phallus noses we have seen so far. I sincerely hope Ferrari’s deviation from ‘the norm’ doesn’t hamper their pace!

4. Phil Wright (@05mpwright) said on 25th January 2014, 13:51

I actually think that looks pretty cool, probably on par with the McLaren for me, and then the Williams quite far behind. That video was also awesome, McLaren should have revealed their official launch video at 12:00 rather than a selection of photos.

5. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 25th January 2014, 13:51

Why don’t they launch a car that looks great, then put the ugly nose on during testing and prove it makes the car a second quicker.

Give us some back-to-back tests. Casual viewers are attracted by good looking cars, as I was to the early-90s Ferraris, and more recently to Renault 3.5 and Rebellion Racing at Le Mans. At the moment it just looks like F1 trying to be too clever and disappearing up itself.

• Nick (@npf1) said on 25th January 2014, 14:05

Even Ferrari doesn’t have the resources to make a ‘pretty’ design to scrap the day after the launch.

We can’t go complain about costs in F1 and then want them to spend thousands on designing and constructing a nose for looks.

6. andae23 (@andae23) said on 25th January 2014, 13:51

Sorry to say this, but LaDave is the ugliest car revealed so far imo… although I like the bunny ears cameras at the nose :)

7. me sa thinking me no likey that snout betcha betcha

8. Sien (@sien) said on 25th January 2014, 13:55

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    this is the new Ferrari F14 E.
    “E” like Elephant… oh, sorry, it seems like we have mixed up the letters!

9. Broke84 (@broke84) said on 25th January 2014, 13:56

A step and an ugly nose, nice!

10. Diceman (@diceman) said on 25th January 2014, 14:01

I like the black they have added, but the nose is… interesting.

11. ferddy07 said on 25th January 2014, 14:01

Wow!! To think the Mclaren actually looks better this… Now that says it all doesn’t it? I have never laughed so hard at any F1 car unveiling. Thanks FIA.. good job.

12. Makana (@makana) said on 25th January 2014, 14:09

Something just occurred to me! We’re going to see plenty of cars lifting the cars in front when hitting them… given the very low noses all the cars have! I can visualize it but don’t know if it is actually going to happen – but I can see it; instead of just damaging the nose, the car in front will lift up, or will it.

13. I know that that wing is not final as ferrari actually never come up with it until much further in the months coming in but it seems to be a 2013 wing it’s too wide. On the other end it’s is typical ferrari and it’s not noticeable any new distinctive input fron a new designer, it does show however that despite some claims that pull rods at the front were going extinct ferrari stuck with it, so it’s not as interesting as the lotus but it’s here and it will run at jerez.

14. Ciaran (@ciaran) said on 25th January 2014, 14:22

It’s an absolute monstrosity at the front… I kind of like it for that :D

15. geekracer2000 (@geekracer2000) said on 25th January 2014, 14:25

Ugliest so far by a margin. Air intake openings looks smaller then McLarens or Williams.
    Also front wing looks like copy paste work from McLaren wing, and I don’t recall Ferrari using similar wing last year so its all new. I mean it is not even 5 peaces now last year they had like 9 in the end.

16. BrawnGP said on 25th January 2014, 14:33

Ok ok…. Who sat on the nose?

17. Jonathan Sarginson said on 25th January 2014, 14:34

One always has to think…what would the great Colin Chapman have come up with?…

18. Tobitron (@tobitron) said on 25th January 2014, 14:34

Oh dear, it looks like it was left out in the sun for too long.

19. MarkM (@mpmark) said on 25th January 2014, 14:35

ok so i’m optimistic for ferrari this year, it seems they had 2 routes, look pretty and slow or look ugly and fast. you remember newey stating their car is ugly. so this is a good sign.

20. That’s the most hideous looking thing ive ever layed eyes on.