Caterham CT05, Jerez, 2014

Caterham CT05, Jerez, 2014

Caterham CT05, Jerez, 2014

16 comments on Caterham CT05, Jerez, 2014

1. Eric (@fletch) said on 28th January 2014, 14:18

Good God how will the front wing stay on there???

2. Todfod (@todfod) said on 28th January 2014, 14:21

Damn!!!

Award for ugliest car of the year.. a steeped nose and a p*nis

3. Beto (@chebeto) said on 28th January 2014, 14:21

What… is… this… I… don’t… even…

4. The Blade Runner (@thebladerunner) said on 28th January 2014, 14:29

Ugliest.

Car.

Ever.

5. Markus (@maxsu) said on 28th January 2014, 14:45

That is hideous. Not only the nose, but the clunky boxy shape, the fat sides and what happened to the lovely yellow highlights? The front wing mounting at least seems quite original.

6. Jarnooo (@jarnooo) said on 28th January 2014, 14:49

Ugliest so far for sure! However, it is now all green and black/white. Good on them for that!

7. Kevin McDonald said on 28th January 2014, 14:50

Whats with those side pods. We’ve come to expect tight and tighter packages as the years have gone on, with airflow around the pod and into the back end, whats been described as a coke bottle.
    Here though its almost block like, reminding me strongly of a car from the early 90’s.

8. Lars-Göran Nilsson said on 28th January 2014, 15:30

Nice to finally see the car, the front is not a pretty sight but I guess it’s made that way to fit the new regulations, however the rest of the car is stunning incuding the colour.
    Best wishes to Marcus and Kamui and the rest of the Caterham team from Marcus hometown, Kumla/Sweden.

9. Steven Smith said on 28th January 2014, 18:42

In North Korea, the designer of that Caterham nose would be taken outside and quite rightly shot.

10. AdrianS said on 28th January 2014, 21:39

C’mon guys, you gotta give them credit for trying. You’d expect a team with their budget to have the most average looking car. It may be ugly, but it’s radical and that’s what F1 should be about.

11. JACoz (@jacoz) said on 28th January 2014, 22:27

Most of the cars so far (except the Ferrari & Merc) have made me laugh.
    This one makes me cringe
    HIDEOUS!

12. Dwight_js said on 28th January 2014, 23:41

Well, it’s sort of been done before:

13. Danksa (@danieljaksa) said on 29th January 2014, 0:35

Oh dear – this new Caterham is really horrible to look at. Still – if it’s a winning design, then it’ll probably grow on me. Big IF though. GO KAUMI !!

14. OppositeLocke (@oppositelocke) said on 29th January 2014, 7:01

As a Marussia fan, and as someone who admires aesthetic beauty I feel crazy saying this but I actually kind of like the car.. sort of… I kind of like the upper part of the nose, I just wish the ‘impact structure’ wasn’t round though.. Seeing as it bears a resemblance to something.