Caterham CT05: First pictures

2014 F1 cars

Caterham CT05, Jerez, 2014

The Caterham CT05 has been revealed. Check out the first pictures of the new car.

See pictures of all the 2014 F1 cars

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

115 comments on Caterham CT05: First pictures

1 2 3 6
  1. Akshay (@hamilfan) said on 28th January 2014, 14:16

I’m sorry , is this a joke ? Oh My God !

• favomodo (@favomodo) said on 28th January 2014, 14:33

Looks like the monster from the movie Alien, you know when it opens its mouth and something is coming out…

Worst design until now. I really prefer the Mercedes and Ferrari way, instead of all those sausages hanging out!

• Besides the aesthetics this cars how bad the designing and composites departments are in caterham, Fernandes may be done with not scoring but that’s their spot in short the car looks boxy plaid it hasn’t got any type of vanity panel its has bear as Scarbs sketch of a bear nose would look like. I haven’t seen the Marussia but this year caterham hasnt got kers to overtake them do better pray that if their performances dont change they at least have a better powertrain. I don’t know who will win in 2014 but caterham is last for me.

• medman (@medman) said on 29th January 2014, 16:48

I’m certainly offended.

• Ben Lambert said on 11th February 2014, 11:48

Oh my if only AyRton was alive to see this

2. toiago (@toiago) said on 28th January 2014, 14:17

WHAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT?????????

• toiago (@toiago) said on 28th January 2014, 14:24

Well, now that I am psychologically able to see that thing, it looks horrendous. But technically perhaps it’s not that bad, in terms of getting as much air underneath the car as possible.

• D (@f190) said on 28th January 2014, 14:30

Everyone always talks about forcing air under the car, and I can see how this front end could do just that. Just looking at it, wouldn’t having that big square in the open cause some drag issues ? Its times like this where I wish I was an aerodynamics expert. I shouldn’t really be wiping out a cars chances at this stage, but overall it does look very blocky, and the side pods look huge..

3. Lucas Wilson (@full-throttle-f1) said on 28th January 2014, 14:18

Meh.

4. thetobs (@thetobs) said on 28th January 2014, 14:18

The car is not pretty at all. Strange design.

5. OllieJ (@olliej) said on 28th January 2014, 14:18

Reminds me of the Jordan 191… if it had been sponsored by Ann Summers

6. Lucas Wilson (@full-throttle-f1) said on 28th January 2014, 14:18

Yuck.

7. usswl said on 28th January 2014, 14:19

Wow. This has to be the worst looking of the lot.

Mind you, some of the design choices may have good (and potentially successful) purpose but WOW!

Well at least so far the cars are sounding good IMHO.

8. Daffron said on 28th January 2014, 14:20

Would a potential sponser want their name on that?

9. ApexAce (@apexace) said on 28th January 2014, 14:20

Ugliest car of 2014? I think we have a winner…

• drmouse (@drmouse) said on 29th January 2014, 8:44

Yep. My first thought was “FUGLY!”

My second thought brought me back to the fact that it doesn’t matter what it looks like, it matters how it performs. If it runs well on track, it is a beautiful car :)

10. marijn willems said on 28th January 2014, 14:21

My god, this looks like some old F3000 car, yes F3000, not even GP2 (because they look beter)! The monocoque area looks so bulky and un-aerodynamically :-/ *bleh*

11. ECWDanSelby (@ecwdanselby) said on 28th January 2014, 14:21

Gunna say it…….

I like it! Totally differently. Nowhere near as ghastly as the other phallic noses. This just looks like something out of Carmageddon!

I also applaud them for going for something a little radical. I hope it works out for them.

12. ECWDanSelby (@ecwdanselby) said on 28th January 2014, 14:22

*different

13. hzh (@hzh00) said on 28th January 2014, 14:23

The weird front section appears as if there is a face with a long nose and wearing sunglasses and looking down on the road, with a really large mustache.

14. Lewis McMurray (@celicadion23) said on 28th January 2014, 14:23

That looks like no thought went into it at all. It looks like they were building it out of lego and couldn’t find the right piece so just used any old bit

1 2 3 6