Caterham CT05: First pictures

2014 F1 cars

Caterham CT05, Jerez, 2014

The Caterham CT05 has been revealed. Check out the first pictures of the new car.

See pictures of all the 2014 F1 cars

2014 F1 cars

Browse all 2014 F1 cars articles

115 comments on Caterham CT05: First pictures

1. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 28th January 2014, 14:23

My loooooooooord!

2. matt90 (@matt90) said on 28th January 2014, 14:25

Hideous. On the other hand, is this the first design we’ve seen which attaches the front wing to the finger rather than the wider nose. I’m bit surprised because I would have thought there would be too much flex or pivot in the wing with the supports being so central.

3. Master firelee (@master-firelee) said on 28th January 2014, 14:26

In a weird way i kinda like it, at least I like the fact the nose doesn’t go past the front wing anyway, but it is something else.

4. syiwan said on 28th January 2014, 14:26

Now we have a penis racing car

5. dennis (@dennis) said on 28th January 2014, 14:28

I know this is not really the case… But looking at this I get the feeling they put zero thought into the whole front end… It’s a no-effort “How-little bodywork do we actually need?”-job. Not even a vanity panel to mask the stepped chassis. And that must create lift instead of downforce.

I could live with the penis-noses… But this is just a bloody horror movie.

6. BasCB (@bascb) said on 28th January 2014, 14:28

This car could really do with a vanity panel! But hey, lets be glad we have a grid of very distinct cars this year!

7. Monish said on 28th January 2014, 14:28

I doubt whether tony will be available for 2015

8. davros said on 28th January 2014, 14:28

It looks a bit like they completely forgot about the new nose regs and in a panic constructed something out of empty cereal boxes and loo rolls.

9. Ed Marques (@edmarques) said on 28th January 2014, 14:29

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

10. Dan Brown (@danbrown180) said on 28th January 2014, 14:31

Well I like it!

The variation in all the looks this year is really great to see, after a few years of homogeneous designs. It’ll be really interesting to see who’s pulled something special out of nowhere, and for some reason, this looks quick to me. Probably because it’s kind of a combination of the Ferrari vacuum cleaner, and the other phallic noses. It looks like they’ve maximised airflow underneath well.

11. Maciek (@maciek) said on 28th January 2014, 14:32

I’ve liked pretty much all the others, but this is really…. incredibly hideous – esthetically speaking that is; would be funny if it was fast enough to play in the midfield, then it’ll be everyone’s favourite ugly duckling. I wish this team all the best, but man, that it is not a pretty car.

12. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 28th January 2014, 14:32

I had a really long day, and this was the first image I opened up when I came back home. Made my day, as I could not stop laughing for 5 minutes.

13. Who let the dogs out, who, who, who??

14. Richard Quick said on 28th January 2014, 14:35

MY EYES!

15. It looks as if they forgot the mid part of the nose. The base is their, the tip too, the rest they probably sold as car art to make some extra cash.