Jerez testing day one pictures

F1 pictures

Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso, Jerez, 2014

Pictures from the first day of testing at Jerez.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? F1 Fanatic | f1fanatic.co.uk

46 comments on Jerez testing day one pictures

1. Timothy Katz (@timothykatz) said on 28th January 2014, 14:42

At last!
    We have cars that can be identified from their different shapes alone. Mind you, not entirely sure if that’s a good thing when I look at the Caterham.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 29th January 2014, 6:54

I feel much like that @timothykatz – great to see differences in approach, but not everything is pleasing to look at.

• UNeedAFinn2Win said on 29th January 2014, 7:23

Absolutely. I love this newfound variety.
      The cars WILL homogenize in design come March, and by the end of the year we’ll propably see only a couple variations.
      Next year, lets open up regulations on the airboxes & the sidepods, let them do whatever they want with them.

2. Beto (@chebeto) said on 28th January 2014, 14:44

I just think the Toro Rosso looks just hilarious =D. The nose of the Mercedes looks well, but imo bordering a bit with boring.

3. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 28th January 2014, 15:05

Kimi got a car nose as a trophy to put it at the top of his car!

4. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 28th January 2014, 15:10

Sauber is testing his car without the rectangular side flaps. It looks so strange in that way.

5. Ben (@scuderia29) said on 28th January 2014, 15:19

what an ugly bunch, the ferrari livery is terrible!

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 28th January 2014, 20:11

I swear the black underside just accentuates how contorted the nose is.

The Red Bull looks surprisingly elegant to me though (although I’m still not a fan of the purple tinge or red endplates).

6. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 28th January 2014, 15:20

Gotta say from those angles, the Sauber looks epic.

Also, it looks incredibly long !

7. BJ (@beejis60) said on 28th January 2014, 15:31

What? No Lewis crashing his car? I figured half of the members here would love to see that.

8. Debjit said on 28th January 2014, 16:18

Toro Rosso’s the biggest of em all.. ;)

9. Patrick (@paeschli) said on 28th January 2014, 16:21

So Lotus completed as many laps as McLaren and Marussia together. Great job :)

The Red Bull looks almost too simple, I’m really curious if they will be as competitive as in the last 5 years.

10. obviously said on 28th January 2014, 16:32

Aaaahahah, I’m crying! I’m literary crying with laughter! :)

These cars are hilarious. Mercedes is the only one that doesn’t look ridiculous.
    Ferrari looks like someone broke its ugly snout, making it even uglier. Caterham looks like a tank with a dildo on its forehead, while Torro Rosso looks like a genuine reproductive organ. I mean that car seriously needs pants, it’s that hilarious! You can’t look at it and not see a **** all the time! XD

I’m crying! XD

11. JamieFranklinF1 (@jamiefranklinf1) said on 28th January 2014, 16:46

I was really…well, disgusted by the Caterham at first. Clearly the worst looking car this year so far. But having looked at it again, they must be getting a lot of airflow underneath that car compared to nearly every other team. Leaves me wondering how beneficial that will be.

12. celler (@celler) said on 28th January 2014, 17:11

Mercedes, Force India and Caterham have interesting front wings. Also interesting is the solutions some teams like Ferrari, Sauber, Force India, Caterham and Toro Rosso designed around the exhaust and the rear wing.

And what’s that green thing, it looks like a turtle ‘s head coming out from it’s shell

13. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 28th January 2014, 17:26

Was Vettel running light-rain tyres?

14. f1freek (@f1freek) said on 28th January 2014, 18:05

Im expecting quite a lot of Freudian slips by the commentators this season

15. Deej92 (@deej92) said on 28th January 2014, 18:05

This reminds me quite a lot of 2009 testing. There were many shapes and sizes. They were more aesthetically pleasing back then (I never thought I’d say that), but so far the only ones I find hideous are Toro Rosso and Caterham. Ferrari, Lotus, Force India and Williams go into my “they aren’t as bad as the stepped noses and I’m sure I’ll get used to them” category. Red Bull, Mercedes, and McLaren go into the good-looking category.