Jerez testing day one pictures

F1 pictures

Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso, Jerez, 2014

Pictures from the first day of testing at Jerez.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?é?® F1 Fanatic | f1fanatic.co.uk

46 comments on Jerez testing day one pictures

1. bigwilk (@bigwilk) said on 28th January 2014, 21:24

Anyone else think Red Bull did a surprisingly good job of hiding the freakish nose? It just looks…normal!

2. Swindle94 (@swindle94) said on 28th January 2014, 21:50

Perez’s new black helmet looks amazing with the Force India

3. Cocaine-Mackeine said on 28th January 2014, 22:34

Apart from all the people, I liked the stepped noses in 2012, but looking at this year’s noses I think it couldn’t be worse. The Ferrari looks awful, the Torro Rosso looks ridiculous and there are no words to describe the Caterham apart from vomiting. I’m really depressed by the Force India because it looked so good in that first picture…. but the nose had to be a horrible solution. But on the other side the Red Bull looks incredible, with a simple and good looking front wing, also the Mercedes, these are my highlighted cars of the year, the best of an ugly bunch.

4. petebaldwin (@petebaldwin) said on 28th January 2014, 23:15

Being totally honest, looking at those pictures, I’m finding myself less and less drawn to the noses. They look a bit odd but considering some only got released today, I think I’m already starting to get used to them.

It’ll only go as far as the stepped noses. I won’t even think it looks good but I can see past them now and they only bother me as much as the stepped noses, weird front wing flaps that went over the noses, sidepod wings on poles etc etc did.

They’re ugly but whatever. I’d rather a season of great racing with ugly cars than a boring season with beautiful ones.

5. Well it’s official… the “F” in F1 stands for flaccid

6. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 29th January 2014, 6:44

Was I the only one who did a double take when I read “Felipe Massa, Williams”? Still not used to seeing him in anything other than Ferrari gear!

7. WimBR said on 29th January 2014, 8:22

I don’t mean to pick on Red Bull, but given Newey’s track record of genious design I tend to look at his cars quite attentively. I noticed that the nosetip is a bit different from the one in the launch pictures: the nosetip itself now seems less rounded, plus there is a slit encircling it. So there is probably some airflow gizmo going on, similar to the oval slits in the nosetips of other teams’ cars, but still different. To the nosetip’s right there is also a turning vane visible inside the front wing pylons. Is this normal? Because I thought most teams would use the pylons themselves as turning vanes.