Jerez test day two in pictures

2014 F1 season

Sauber, Jerez, 2014

Pictures from the second day of F1 testing at Jerez.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? F1 Fanatic, Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT

29 comments on Jerez test day two in pictures

1. that mercedes looking stunning

2. Garns (@garns) said on 29th January 2014, 12:23

Nice Keith, are the cars actually doing some running today? I still think the Reb Bull and Merc look pretty mean, throw McLaren in there too, the horse also up there although some not too sure.

Did Esteban stuff into the scenery??

3. OmarR-Pepper (@omarr-pepper) said on 29th January 2014, 13:30

So it was also the launch of Water Tanker Team? Who’s driving, DiResta?

4. Nikhil said on 29th January 2014, 14:35

Looks, like williams is more quicker , and more reliable… lot of smiles @ william and force india , not as quick as expected and also facing lot of reliability issues,,, i hope force india gets its all together before they start racing

5. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 29th January 2014, 16:33

That Mercedes front wing looks mighty. It appears to be like something you would see mid-season, not something on the first day of testing.

6. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 29th January 2014, 16:47

Love the #6 on Rosberg’s car. The same font his dad used at Williams.

7. Maciek (@maciek) said on 29th January 2014, 17:56

McLaren looking very sleek.

8. spoutnik (@spoutnik) said on 29th January 2014, 17:58

I must say I begin to like, at least, non finger-type cars. Maybe I am just excited about this season, but anyway, I’m already getting used to it :)

9. Joao Pitol (@dantheman) said on 29th January 2014, 20:07

I case of a frontal collision between Caterham and a Lotus….Will they mate ?

10. 2morrowdesign said on 29th January 2014, 21:00

Damn, These care are really ugly. I might have to switch to Indy or Formula E.

I wish the FIA would quit screwing around with the regs…

11. bull mello (@bullmello) said on 29th January 2014, 21:03

I’m sorry, but the more we see of the Caterham the less it looks like a cartoon clown nose stuck on the front of an F1 car. More revealing are the above photos to show that the Caterham really looks like a shorter high nose car with a piece of pipe sticking out the front. It may meet the specifications of the regulations , but it seems to defeat the intended purpose of lower noses for better safety. In an impact it looks as though the pipe could go low or under and the high nose could still impact higher. None of the other designs so far give this impression. I realize all cars testing and even Lotus have passed the crash test, but the Caterham design just seems wrong in philosophy and not just because of appearance.

12. Deej92 (@deej92) said on 29th January 2014, 21:04

I’m loving Rosberg and Perez’s helmets! And Raikkonen’s looks a lot like the one he used at Monaco last year.

13. Nick (@npf1) said on 29th January 2014, 21:17

I guess you could say the Sauber is growing on me.

I’ll get my coat.

14. Shimks (@shimks) said on 29th January 2014, 22:01

Jealous
    I do like the water tanker; sweet design! In all seriousness, though, I really like the new car designs; I’m jealous of you guys watching them “live” in Jerez.

Jerez, 1997
    I was in Jerez in ’97, standing on a hill overlooking the very corner – Dry Sac – where Schumi tried to stop Villeneuve from winning the championship. I am (and was then) a huge Schumi fan, but what he tried to do was incredibly obvious: Villeneuve managed to pass Schumi – and take the lead – on lap 48, by braking later into Dry Sac. He had the inside line and was slightly ahead when Schumi deliberately turned into him. The front right wheel of Schumi’s Ferrari connected with the sidepod of Villeneuve’s Williams. Schumi retired there and then; Villeneuve limped home to take third place and earn enough points to take the driver’s title; and Mika Häkkinen, following the crash, passed both of them to take his maiden F1 victory. Schumi was then disqualified from the 1997 Drivers’ Championship for his blatant act. It was incredible to be there and see one of these who-dares-wins moves by him!

Rush (2013)
    Today I posted a short review of Rush on my film review site. I take care to not post spoilers and to only write about very well-made movies. If you want to take a peek, head over to wonderfulcinema.com. There, that’s my own blatant act done!

15. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 29th January 2014, 23:11

Farmer Juan is living the dream as he attacks the inside kerb in turn 1.