2014 F1 season
“Eric’s appointment is an integral part of a senior management restructure within McLaren Racing,” said chairman Ron Dennis.
McLaren confirmed they also plan to appoint a new chief executive officer of McLaren Racing, who Boullier will report to.
“In due course we’ll announce the identity of McLaren Racing’s new chief executive officer” added Dennis.
Boullier, who joins the team after spending four years as Lotus’s team principal, said: “I?óÔé¼Ôäóm both eager and determined to play an active part, working alongside McLaren Racing?óÔé¼Ôäós other senior managers and directors, within a new operational structure, to bring about the changes that will deliver success.”
“I want to take this opportunity to assure the McLaren Racing workforce that I’m utterly determined to match their famous passion and commitment to win.”
No mention was made of the future destination of previous team principal Martin Whitmarsh.
2014 F1 season
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
- No improvement in Bianchi’s condition
- F1 Fanatic’s must-read articles of 2014
- F1’s most popular drivers and teams of 2014 revealed
- F1 defies critics as fans praise 2014 racing
- The Stats and Facts highlights of 2014
- The funniest Caption Competition winners of 2014
- Ricciardo wins Driver and Pass of the Year polls
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT