Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes achieved everything they aimed to do in the first test of the new season.
“It’s been a fantastic week,” said Hamilton. “A lot of laps today, 130-odd laps, it’s a huge accomplishment.”
Following interruptions to his two days of running on Tuesday and Thursday, Hamilton made an unscheduled return to the W05’s cockpit for the final few hours of the test. “Fortunately got some mileage in the car because I was a little bit down on mileage,” he said.
Hamilton said it was “too early” to give a verdict on how the new regulations will change the sport.
“It’s fairly similar,” he said. “We’ve just lost downforce.”
“There’s a lot more going on but it’s just new, it takes a while to get used to but I’m enjoying it.”
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® F1 Fanatic | f1fanatic.co.uk