Jerez test in over 100 pictures

F1 Pictures

Jenson Button, McLaren, Jerez, 2014

A bonus gallery of over 100 more pictures from this week’s test at Jerez.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images ?? Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

12 comments on Jerez test in over 100 pictures

1. andae23 (@andae23) said on 2nd February 2014, 11:50

Wow, there are some beautiful pictures in here! The great thing about testing is that it starts just after sunrise and stops just before sunset, so the sun is very low.

2. Maciek (@maciek) said on 2nd February 2014, 13:59

I find these designs waaay better than the stepped nose era. Looking over at these again…
    Caterham is so beyond the realms of aesthetics I”m starting to like it because it’s ugly
    Marussia’s seemingly interminable wheel base makes me think of 1990s Indycar
    Toro Rosso, followed closely by Sauber are the worst offenders among the finger noses
    I like Williams as the plucky underdog this year, both in looks and on the track
    The Ferrari is the funkiest
    The Mercedes is the most aggressive-looking
    And the winner in the early running is easily McLaren – very sleek and some very, very interesting design details
    All bets are off till the Lotus comes out though.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 2nd February 2014, 21:06

@george Haha, I was wondering if someone would notice that!

That was on Wednesday evening, it was the first chance I had to attend an interview with Kvyat and it was supposed to be following his first run in the car. But as you know they were unable to run at all that day because of the Renault engine problems.

When he arrived his press officer told us “the only thing we are saying is it was an electrical problem” and added Kvyat wouldn’t be answering any questions about the technical fault. Which didn’t leave us with much ground to cover seeing as he’d already been interviewed extensively about his upcoming debut season at the STR9 launch two days earlier.

The picture appears to have been taken just after I’d asked him a question and I think the expressions on the faces of the other people present show how productive we found this interview. I haven’t used any of the quotes from it (not yet anyway) and I don’t recall seeing them anywhere else!

3. c.t.g. said on 2nd February 2014, 15:01

So what do you think the aerodynamicists at Airbus who pride themselves on sleek aero design think of the front of that Caterham??? The management must be questioning their sponsorship right about now.

4. pastaman (@pastaman) said on 2nd February 2014, 15:27

First pic here, for those that like to start at the beginning like me:

5. Fer no.65 (@fer-no65) said on 2nd February 2014, 16:23

The McLaren looks stunning !

6. BJ (@beejis60) said on 2nd February 2014, 22:24

Has anyone ever noticed that Paddy Lowe seems to always look like grumpy cat?
    Links:

7. Greg Kingston (@gregkingston) said on 2nd February 2014, 23:31

I took these shots on Wednesday and Thursday. Not quite up to the standard of the pros but I hope you enjoy!

8. I was going though Jerez 2014 testing shots and came across this link

You should take a look at this guy, he looks like a solo photographer judging by the article and the sheer number of good shots he’s pulled off is insane, he’s not even represented by a media agency i don’t think, shocking!