Force India are to join forces with GP2 team Hilmer Motorsport to help promote new driving talent.
Hilmer’s cars will carry the team’s colours and field Facu Regalia and Daniel Abt in this year’s championship.
Force India already runs the One From A Billion programme which aims to promote a racing driver from India to Formula One.
Team principal Vijay Mallya said the move was a “logical next step as we look to bring through the next generation of drivers and provide them with the opportunity to showcase their talent”.
“Our presence in GP2 moves us closer to having a holistic development programme to school drivers from grassroots karting to the higher echelons of professional motorsport.”
2014 F1 season
- 2014 Chinese qualifying team radio transcript
- 2014 Chinese Grand Prix Saturday in Tweets
- Rosberg, not the Red Bulls, is Hamilton’s main threat
- 2014 Chinese Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
- Rosberg didn’t realise his last lap was quicker
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles