Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

Caption Competition

Pat Symons, Felipe Massa, Williams, Jerez, 2014

After almost a decade in red it’s a new look for Felipe Massa this year as he switches to the deep blue tones of Williams.

For the first time ever in his F1 career he is being powered by a motor other than a Ferrari, and he has a new chief technical officer in Pat Symonds.

What did the pair have to say to each other after teaming up at Williams for the first time? That’s for you to decide in our latest Caption Competition.

Post your funniest suggestion below and a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Williams/LAT

147 comments on Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

1. Magnificent Geoffrey (@magnificent-geoffrey) said on 8th February 2014, 11:37

Symonds: “…and when you see Fernando behind you, just press that button to release the banana peels…”

2. Imre (@f1mre) said on 8th February 2014, 11:40

PS: …and Flavio forced me to tell Nelsinho to crash… I had no choice.
    FM: …and I’m Mickey Mouse.

3. Breno (@austus) said on 8th February 2014, 11:40

I don’t care if you told everyone you won’t let him pass. When you get the blue flag, you let him pass.

4. Aandrcole said on 8th February 2014, 11:41

Ok Felipe. We do things a bit different here. If somehow you out-qualify bottas, we won’t break your gearbox.

5. Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 8th February 2014, 11:42

Pat Symonds : No No , I cannot call you Felipe baby . That is out of the question .

6. Alex Brown (@splittimes) said on 8th February 2014, 11:42

“Frank’s already said no.”

7. Alex Brown (@splittimes) said on 8th February 2014, 11:47

“I’ve worked with a Brazilian driver before. It didn’t end well.”

8. andae23 (@andae23) said on 8th February 2014, 11:47

Symonds: “Definitely full throttle on the exit of the corner, else the car won’t spin.”

9. Alex Brown (@splittimes) said on 8th February 2014, 11:49

“What does your dad know about the legal system? He’s not famous, is he?”

10. D (@f190) said on 8th February 2014, 11:54

Felipe, did you know that with the double points rule you would have been the 2008 WDC ?

11. Osvaldas31 (@osvaldas31) said on 8th February 2014, 11:58

Symonds: “I repeat you, that I don’t owe you a title.”

12. Bruno (@brunes) said on 8th February 2014, 12:01

I told you I am getting you a NEW baby sitter! Rob will be busy looking after Frank this year.

13. Sumedh said on 8th February 2014, 12:06

Pat: So, we are going to have a new engineer for you, no Rob Smedley.
    Felipe : You always do this. First you took away my win in Singapore and now you take away Rob.

14. Bruno (@brunes) said on 8th February 2014, 12:08

We got a new LCD screen for you steering wheel so Rob can send you love hearts during the race.

15. specialk69 (@specialk69) said on 8th February 2014, 12:22

Pat: Here’s the plan Felipe, you crash, SC is out, Valtierri wins, simple.
    Felipe: But Pat, aren’t I the team leader?
    Pat: Oh, yes, team leader…