Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

Caption Competition

Pat Symons, Felipe Massa, Williams, Jerez, 2014

After almost a decade in red it’s a new look for Felipe Massa this year as he switches to the deep blue tones of Williams.

For the first time ever in his F1 career he is being powered by a motor other than a Ferrari, and he has a new chief technical officer in Pat Symonds.

What did the pair have to say to each other after teaming up at Williams for the first time? That’s for you to decide in our latest Caption Competition.

Post your funniest suggestion below and a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Williams/LAT

147 comments on Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

1. “I apologise, Felipe, for my Singapore-ling behaviour in 2008.”

2. DDonovan said on 8th February 2014, 12:33

“And that’s why Fernando was faster than you.”

3. ferrox glideh (@ferrox-glideh) said on 8th February 2014, 12:40

Massa: “I heard that you guys have a special retirement package for us Brazilians.”
    Symonds: “Never mind that!”

4. I know it’s hard to believe but we really do want you to pass Alonso if you get a chance.

5. raddie (@raddie) said on 8th February 2014, 12:52

Look, Felipe, this is your car. No more the red one!

6. Noah (@lotus22) said on 8th February 2014, 12:58

Symonds: “Your taking Pastor’s place so youvegot a lotto live up to son”
    Massa: “mmhmm”

7. Saleh Ahmed said on 8th February 2014, 13:17

Pat Symonds: You put your foot down, even if Alonso’s faster
    Felipe Massa: Ok?………might take me some time to get use to that…..

8. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 8th February 2014, 13:22

PS : “No Felipe, that color, stays. You can’t have the car in Red.”

9. Lucien_Todutz (@lucien_todutz) said on 8th February 2014, 13:33

Symons: - When I said to Frank he needs a “brazilian”, I wasn’t referring about a driver!

10. Chris (@ukphillie) said on 8th February 2014, 13:40

”So then we told Nelson to crash so Fernando could get ahead and in the ensuing chaos you lost the points that would have won you the Championship….Yeah, sorry about that. Can we be friends now?”

11. schooner (@schooner) said on 8th February 2014, 13:40

“Nobody told you? Here at Williams you need to bring your own lunch.”

12. Chris (@mayhem74) said on 8th February 2014, 13:43

Pat: “If you pull my finger, it activates the MERS.”
    Felipe: *pulls Pat’s finger* “MERS?”
    Pat: “Methane Energy Recovery Sys-FRRRRRRRRRRRRT!”

13. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 8th February 2014, 13:51

Symonds: “If Fernando comes from behind, make sure he doesn’t suck you in otherwise you’ll have to make him crash, in the same way Flavio and I made Nelsoninho crash in Singapore”

14. MANUF1 said on 8th February 2014, 14:04

“Felipe, dw, I won’t ask another Brazilian to crash on purpose”

15. PS: “You put on that strap-on right now!”