Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

Caption Competition

Pat Symons, Felipe Massa, Williams, Jerez, 2014

After almost a decade in red it’s a new look for Felipe Massa this year as he switches to the deep blue tones of Williams.

For the first time ever in his F1 career he is being powered by a motor other than a Ferrari, and he has a new chief technical officer in Pat Symonds.

What did the pair have to say to each other after teaming up at Williams for the first time? That’s for you to decide in our latest Caption Competition.

Post your funniest suggestion below and a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Williams/LAT

147 comments on Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

1. SeaHorse (@seahorse) said on 8th February 2014, 16:54

Massa: Do you have any plans to end my win-less streak?
    Symonds: Let me see. Give me some time.
    Massa: I guess you would get back to me before Singapore GP?

2. Rocky (@rocky) said on 8th February 2014, 17:02

I don’t give a darn what you did on that other team this is what we do here got it!

3. For this year, you know, we don’t have to produce another Crashgate to win something. Tell Fernando who is faster!

4. bull mello (@bullmello) said on 8th February 2014, 17:08

I had nothing to do with it. However, if you ever speak of this again, Felipe, there will be consequences.

5. BenH (@benh) said on 8th February 2014, 17:29

FM: Did I tell you about the time when I lost the 2008 title because someone… erm, never mind…

6. Jarnooo (@jarnooo) said on 8th February 2014, 17:31

“So you will crash at this corner so that Valtteri can win the race.”

7. Symonds – “no its not the first time I’ve worked for Frank he once let me set the front suspension up on Rubens car a few years back you remember ?

8. JackySteeg (@jackysteeg) said on 8th February 2014, 17:33

“Wait a minute, YOU’RE Felipe Massa? Aw, I wanted the Spanish one.”

9. Arthur Baker said on 8th February 2014, 17:34

No you cant have a photo shot with Kiss!!!

10. dont come here with that ferrari stuff, you hear me? this is williams and here we are backmarkers!

11. Hey Felipe , up for episode 2 of crashgate, Fernando wont know when you will be 2 minutes behind him

12. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 8th February 2014, 18:08

Felipe: My goodness, it is freezing in here! Can we get some temperature in here?
    Symonds: Don’t worry Felipe, I heard Force India couldn’t find any in Hungary last year in scorching temperatures, you’ll be fine
    Felipe: That sent chills down my spine…

13. Actually, there’s just one little requirement, now that we have Mercedes engines you’ll have to pull over for Hamilton and Rosberg.

14. wax on wax off

15. symmonds: obi wan never told you what happened to your father

16. Chad (@chaddy) said on 8th February 2014, 19:08

No, Kimi likes his with just a dash of sprinkles

17. Fellipe, my finger and thumb are stuck together, Bottas thinks its funny to put superglue on my pen, dont worry son , hes going to be doing any crashing this season I tell you

18. Mackeine Loveine (@cocaine-mackeine) said on 8th February 2014, 19:27

“Relax, Massa. Here we don´t make team orders…”

19. Spencer White (@jojobudgie) said on 8th February 2014, 19:30

PS:You see, here you only get one chance.Don’t forget to press on the accelorator when you see a red car,be it Ferrari or Marussia.
    FM:I’ll try but seriously those Marussias are quick!

20. Corrado (@corrado-dub) said on 8th February 2014, 19:37

The good days are OVER, capisce ?!? Get used to die fighting for P16 ! Ahahahaaaa