Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

Caption Competition

Pat Symons, Felipe Massa, Williams, Jerez, 2014

After almost a decade in red it’s a new look for Felipe Massa this year as he switches to the deep blue tones of Williams.

For the first time ever in his F1 career he is being powered by a motor other than a Ferrari, and he has a new chief technical officer in Pat Symonds.

What did the pair have to say to each other after teaming up at Williams for the first time? That’s for you to decide in our latest Caption Competition.

Post your funniest suggestion below and a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Williams/LAT

147 comments on Caption Competition 45: Massa and Symonds

1. Thomas Bloor said on 8th February 2014, 20:56

On our cars there’s a button marked “Overtake”

2. “I’m the true victim here I was promised i’d keep my job if I did it”

3. PS:”Felipe baby, it was the other rig’s fault.

4. Dom (@3dom) said on 8th February 2014, 22:51

No body said we can’t have a “Massa” Damper System in the car so…

5. Attakorn Saiyasombat said on 9th February 2014, 1:36

PS: So…was he faster in bed too? Or just on the track?

6. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 9th February 2014, 6:49

The moment Felipe realized why Pat was fond of Brazillian drivers…

7. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 9th February 2014, 7:05

“Before you start, Nelson crashed because I told him to. What was your excuse in that race?”

8. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 9th February 2014, 7:17

“… and if that doesn’t work we’ll try the setup we snuck onto Pastor’s car in America last season.”

9. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 9th February 2014, 7:19

“You don’t actually pronounce the 77 in the middle of Valterri’s surname Felipe!”

10. Neglup said on 9th February 2014, 8:48

In this team, I only show the finger.

11. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 9th February 2014, 10:38

No doughnuts this year Filipe, it’ll made the car look like a dog trying to sniff his own crotch!

12. karter22 (@karter22) said on 9th February 2014, 11:23

Welcome to the Brazilian retirement home Felipe!! Now get to work and earn that pension!

13. Ricosaurio said on 9th February 2014, 15:00

And when you push that button all hell breaks loose

14. Robbie said on 9th February 2014, 15:45

No Felipe, the Williams motto in Latin is WIHURI ATCH then Experian KEMPPI, not KEMPPI Experian. Your way would make us a one-rooster team and not in your favour, but I can understand your confusion.

15. Keithedin said on 9th February 2014, 17:31

Ok Felipe. Lap 14, turn 17. Understand?