Caption Competition 46: Villeneuve and Heidfeld

Caption Competition

Jacques Villeneuve, Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 2006

Jacques Villeneuve has been back in the news this week after confirming he will race in the FIA World Rallycross Championship.

He also delivered a damning verdict on the state of modern F1 in a series of media interviews.

For this week’s Caption Competition here’s an unusual picture of Villeneuve with team mate Nick Heidfeld during his last F1 season with BMW Sauber in 2006.

Wield your wit and suggest the funniest caption you can come up with below. A selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © BMW

86 comments on Caption Competition 46: Villeneuve and Heidfeld

1 2 3 5
  1. Ninjenius (@ninjenius) said on 15th February 2014, 12:51

Having publicly criticised the current state of F1, Jacques Villeneuve sends out invitations to his new rivalling racing category. He receives only one reply.

2. hunocsi (@hunocsi) said on 15th February 2014, 12:52

Two field workers help children move about in a BMW PR event. With some straw.

3. Daniel Thomas (@iamdanthomas) said on 15th February 2014, 12:52

“Hey Nick, we need some kind of drag reduction system here”

4. John Sertori (@Adorimedia) said on 15th February 2014, 12:54

“So Mario said to me “tidy my garden and I’ll think about it”. So I did and I kept my race seat!”

5. Alex Brown (@splittimes) said on 15th February 2014, 12:58

“I thought you hated gimmicks.”

6. Eric (@fletch) said on 15th February 2014, 13:05

Nick this reminds me of when my dad made me clear snowmobile tracks in the summertime. Tabernac!

7. Villeneuve: “We could really use a drag reduction system right now”

8. “Jacques, are you sure these mandrake roots will make our car faster?”

9. VMaxMuffin (@vmaxmuffin) said on 15th February 2014, 13:11

The Petronas team was clearly no match for BMW power in this tug of war event.

10. Jono (@jporter88) said on 15th February 2014, 13:12

“Just you wait till the boys in the factory see my new KERS idea”

11. matt90 (@matt90) said on 15th February 2014, 13:12

“See, I told you all that F1 was much less silly back when I raced.”

12. Mathers (@mathers) said on 15th February 2014, 13:26

Jacques and Nick introduce the first two pilots in the BMW Young Driver Scheme…

13. For once we need less grip!

14. Sam (@) said on 15th February 2014, 13:34

J:So I’m going to drive cars again, rally cross.
    H: Really?

15. Robbie said on 15th February 2014, 13:35

“JV and NH are pictured here trying out the proposed new testing restrictions. It was the last straw for both JV and BMW.”

1 2 3 5