Bahrain test day three in pictures

2014 F1 season

Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, Bahrain, 2014

Pictures from the third day of testing in Bahrain.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images © Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

16 comments on Bahrain test day three in pictures

1. The Force India car is still looking the coolest to my eyes. They hide their anteater nose so well.

2. Really starting to like these odd noses.
    FI, Marussia, Sauber, RBR and Mercedes are my favourites.
    Starting to like the Vacuum-Ferrari-cleaner and the tusked-Lotus.

Who has the best looking car in you opinion?

• Diego (@ironcito) said on 21st February 2014, 17:36

Red Bull, Lotus and Mercedes, in that order :)

• Uzair Syed (@ultimateuzair) said on 21st February 2014, 17:50

Mercedes!

• Illusive (@illusive) said on 21st February 2014, 18:00

McLaren and Force India.

• mateuss (@mateuss) said on 21st February 2014, 18:50

I was going to list my favorites but it is rather difficult. I can name the Mercedes and McLaren as the ones I like the most, but there after its difficult. The only car I don’t find attractive is the Marussia, it seems a bit old, from a lesser formula. The rest depends on the light, viewing angle, what I had for breakfast, dinner and lunch.

Some might find my opinion of the Caterham unusual, but I do find it beautiful. Unusual and different? Yes, very, but that is not a measure of beauty in my eyes. If you see a naked man for the first time and look at it 2cm from the helmet the whole time of course your perspective will be skewed and you will find the experience unpleasant. But if you stand back it is totally different picture.

It is fat though. Which I find funny, because they have mostly been going about their own business while letting Renault sort out their cooling problems and performance with other teams. So they will capitalise on that at the beginning of the season, and then probably slim down later in the year when Renault get reliable with tighter cooling as tested by other teams.

• spoutnik (@spoutnik) said on 21st February 2014, 19:16

@jojobudgie I don’t know how your feeling can be that different between Mercedes and Ferrari? Ferrari and Mercedes look just the same to me. I like it, like others bar Caterham :)

• George (@george) said on 21st February 2014, 19:56

@spoutnik I find the Ferrari the worst looking nose of the lot, the Merc’s slopes gradually whereas the Ferrari nose has two levels joined by a steep slope. It’s like an extreme example of the stepped noses from 2012.

3. Tomsk (@tomsk) said on 21st February 2014, 18:48

Good to see number 13 back in action!
    But it clearly affected the reliability of Pastor’s car…

4. spoutnik (@spoutnik) said on 21st February 2014, 19:31

There are such few pictures of the rears, and between the fat suspension of the McLaren and the asymmetric Lotus exhaust I find it hard to look at it :) are there more rear pictures?

5. Jack (@jmc200) said on 21st February 2014, 21:13

Kvyat is using Vergne’s helmet! What the hell? 26 is his number, and it says “D Kvyat” on the side!