Bahrain test two day two in pictures

F1 Pictures

Esteban Gutierrez, Sauber, Bahrain, 2014

Pictures from the second day of the second test in Bahrain.

More images will be added here

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images © Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

20 comments on Bahrain test two day two in pictures

1. The Sauber looks good from that angle.

• Carlitox (@carlitox) said on 28th February 2014, 17:05

I still say it has by far the most elegant solution to the aardvark nose. Kinda looks like a Concorde, which makes it quite awesome.

2. OppositeLocke (@oppositelocke) said on 28th February 2014, 17:47

Where’s Marussia?!?! 75 laps and no one managed a single picture..?

I see you have pictures of Caterham though.. I guess it’s clear where your allegiances lie Keith.

3. Diego (@ironcito) said on 28th February 2014, 18:19

Red Bull’s stopgap cooling solution, literally fixed with duct tape :)

• Baron (@baron) said on 28th February 2014, 21:13

Interesting & good catch. I am guessing that it is a crude cooling intake and exhaust for some electronics hardware. I like how they have to get air in, but also have to lose it again. Great shot.

• Diego (@ironcito) said on 28th February 2014, 21:45

Yeah, with just one hole, air would stagnate inside and heat would build up, so they have to create a “pass through”, so to speak. I like that in the midst of high-tech carbon fiber composites, they still use what looks like a piece of hose and duct tape to fix it ;)

• Pennyroyal tea (@peartree) said on 1st March 2014, 2:46

@ironcito that’s hilarious.

4. SauberS1 (@saubers1) said on 28th February 2014, 20:05

Thanks the pictures.

5. Deej92 (@deej92) said on 28th February 2014, 20:49

That Sauber picture… 👌

6. Farragher (@supercar) said on 28th February 2014, 21:22

Of the protuberant noses, Sauber’s is definitely the best. Mercedes, Ferrari and Force India have more elegant solutions, and I think I like FI’s solution the best. The Sauber from the side is beautiful.

7. Red Bull still haven’t added the cameras on the nose in front of control arms? Any speculations as to why?

8. Wesley (@wesley) said on 28th February 2014, 22:21

I finally realized what the new cars remind me of.

9. Wesley (@wesley) said on 28th February 2014, 22:23

Sorry, can’t get link to work.They look like Gonzo the Muppet.

• Deej92 (@deej92) said on 28th February 2014, 22:28

I remember someone said that when the Toro Rosso was launched. That is the best name for that nose in my opinion as there’s nothing closer!

10. Pennyroyal tea (@peartree) said on 1st March 2014, 2:59

That frontal shot of Alonso shows Ferrari running the old front wing, I can’t understand why Ferrari never seem to move on with the new parts, I have barely seen the new wing.

11. nomeg1 (@nomeg1) said on 1st March 2014, 16:43

Be blessed Keith for those magnificent pictures you are spoiling us w/ every day…Way to go, cheers !