Williams confirm Martini sponsorship and reveal livery

2014 F1 seson

Williams have confirmed a new sponsorship deal with Martini and revealed their car’s colour scheme for 2014.

“Williams and Martini share a rich history in the world of motorsport, and the values of our two brands and our shared passion for racing make this partnership a natural fit,” said team founder Frank Williams.

“It will be great to see the distinctive stripes of Martini Racing return to Formula One once again in unison with Williams.”

The Martini history has a long history in motor racing, having appeared on Porsche sports cars, Lancia rally and sports cars, and Brabham, Lotus and Ferrari F1 cars as well as many others.

Video: Williams FW36 in action

2014 F1 season

Browse all 2014 F1 season articles

Images © Williams/LAT

143 comments on Williams confirm Martini sponsorship and reveal livery

1. nidzovski (@nidzovski) said on 6th March 2014, 14:56

Kimi would be jealous….

2. Castor (@castor) said on 6th March 2014, 14:58

That car looks fantastic! (nose aside) I really hope they do well this year! I know pre-season testing is not a clear picture of the state of all cars, but man, Maldonado must me regreting how he did things looking at how Lotus did!

3. Ciaran (@ciaran) said on 6th March 2014, 14:59

So the livery really is as good as we’d hoped, how rare is that? And come to think of it, Marussia, Sauber, Mercedes, Red Bull and possibly McLaren (if they do change it) all have great-looking cars as well this year, I can’t remember when we had this many good-looking cars on the grid!

4. Mark McDonald said on 6th March 2014, 15:13

Outstanding! Williams’ best livery in nearly 30 years.

5. Milansson (@milansson) said on 6th March 2014, 15:22

I love this livery.
    It´s fresh, it´s not disturbing at all, the white color and the martini blue and red are in a perfect symbiose.

Really nice looking at this car and I have to say, I really like all that Williams has done so far in 2014 and it would be great to see them have success this year.

6. tmax (@tmax) said on 6th March 2014, 15:29

Well … That looks like a winner …

7. dot_com (@dot_com) said on 6th March 2014, 15:42

Beautiful.

8. reiter (@reiter) said on 6th March 2014, 15:43

That livery reminds me of the Williams-BMW days back when I started following F1. I hope they do well this year, the car looks amazing!

9. Peter Cotterill (@stigrennfahrer) said on 6th March 2014, 16:01

Beautiful!

10. swh1386 (@swh1386) said on 6th March 2014, 16:06

Oh, beautiful!

11. Dj xo2 (@dj-xo2) said on 6th March 2014, 16:24

That is some classy work! Like condensation on a beer glass cool.

12. antonyob (@antonyob) said on 6th March 2014, 17:31

Stunning. Love it. Pity they can’t have 4 halogen lights out front. Need more classic liveries, lotus nearly nailed it but it’s fake, like the team.

13. Although the car look amazing I think the sidepods are a little to white… Hish they had put the Martini logo there oral least I hope they put some more sponsers in that area! I really hope this is Massa’s year!

• Tomsk (@tomsk) said on 6th March 2014, 18:55

They should talk to Canon about the sidepods – that would be the icing on the cake.
      Remember their one-race deal with Brawn in Singapore? That had a hint of Williams about it.

14. karter22 (@karter22) said on 6th March 2014, 19:30

Really diggin it!!! And those suits look awesome!!! I really hope they do good this season… too bad i don´t like any of their drivers… I gues one can´t have it all. :/

15. montreal95 (@montreal95) said on 6th March 2014, 19:36

My worst fears have been realized. This is basically a white car with a stripe on it. White is the most boring color in the known universe. Anything is better even grey. It doesn’t look bad on the overalls because the percentage of the stripe area is higher. But on the car, oh dear oh dear. And it makes the condomme nose look even worse.

In summary:the testing classic deep blue was so much better. But as much as I hate the livery, if it makes Williams competitive again I’ll still love the car