Williams confirm Martini sponsorship and reveal livery

2014 F1 seson

Williams have confirmed a new sponsorship deal with Martini and revealed their car’s colour scheme for 2014.

“Williams and Martini share a rich history in the world of motorsport, and the values of our two brands and our shared passion for racing make this partnership a natural fit,” said team founder Frank Williams.

“It will be great to see the distinctive stripes of Martini Racing return to Formula One once again in unison with Williams.”

The Martini history has a long history in motor racing, having appeared on Porsche sports cars, Lancia rally and sports cars, and Brabham, Lotus and Ferrari F1 cars as well as many others.

Video: Williams FW36 in action

2014 F1 season

Browse all 2014 F1 season articles

Images © Williams/LAT

143 comments on Williams confirm Martini sponsorship and reveal livery

1 3 4 5
  1. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 6th March 2014, 19:53

I may be among the few who thinks that while it’s still a better livery than most if not all of the 2014 field, those stripes could have been drawn to show a lot more dynamism and flow.

I think the likes of Ford Focus WRC, Porsche 935 (936?) are way better.

Still, I’ll certainly tip one of these FW36s to win in Melbourne and it will be great to see these cars deliver. (I mean I’ll tip Williams based on careful assessment of performance, reliability especially, rather than on paint scheme.)

2. Mick DR said on 6th March 2014, 20:36

A real retro look, I dare say Martini may have only invested a small amount otherwise their logo and stripes may have been more prominent as the side pods are screaming for some stickers

3. Love it, I like how straight foward it is. It leaves space for morre sponsors which is more important but I hope they don’t add many more.

4. Paul (@frankjaeger) said on 6th March 2014, 21:21

That’s a beauty

5. Zain Siddiqui (@powerslidepowerslide) said on 6th March 2014, 21:59

Awesome-looking car, great driver lineup.

6. TomMK (@tommk) said on 6th March 2014, 22:00

Incredible, I love it. So pleased things are looking up at Williams, I’m a massive fan!

7. Nick (@npf1) said on 6th March 2014, 22:21

Even the nose looks good. I really like this car!

8. Daniel Chico (@daniel-chico) said on 6th March 2014, 22:27

Unrelated. I am a bit late on my reading. Where is yesterday’s (march 5) round-up?

9. Valve said on 6th March 2014, 22:54

Simple, good looking, classy. Thanks Williams!

10. matthew (@mat-k) said on 6th March 2014, 22:59

STUNNING

just a shame the front looks like a penis

11. matthew (@mat-k) said on 6th March 2014, 23:00

STUNNING

just a shame the front looks like a gentlemans sausage

12. iFuel said on 7th March 2014, 0:12

Wait, it says “F1 seson” on the subtitle.. I thought that those were categories and not typed in every article..

13. Breno (@austus) said on 7th March 2014, 1:18

Finnaly Massa has a decent helmet for his car.

14. US Williams Fan (@us-williams-fan) said on 7th March 2014, 3:06

Love it!

15. discotheque (@discotheque) said on 7th March 2014, 7:19

Great – Nice to famous racing colours on a formula one car

1 3 4 5