2014 Australian Grand Prix TV Times

2014 Australian Grand Prix

Start/finish line, Albert Park, 2014F1 Fanatic Live will be running during the entire Australian Grand Prix weekend. Look out for the live page on the site during every session and follow all the action with your fellow F1 Fanatics.

Here are the details of Sky and the BBC’s coverage of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix in the UK:

Friday 14 March 2014

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts Session ends
Australian Grand Prix first practice live Sky Sports F1 01:00 01:30 03:00
Australian Grand Prix second practice live Sky Sports F1 05:15 05:30 07:00

Saturday 15 March 2014

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts Session ends
Australian Grand Prix third practice live Sky Sports F1 02:45 03:00 04:00
Australian Grand Prix qualifying live Sky Sports F1, Sky 1 05:00 06:00
Australian Grand Prix qualifying highlights BBC2 14:55

Sunday 16 March 2014

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts
Australian Grand Prix live Sky Sports F1 04:30 06:00
Australian Grand Prix highlights BBC1 14:00

Please share details of the F1 coverage in your area below.

If you’re unable to watch the race at your location, join the F1 in Pubs forum to find a place to watch the race:

Find times for every F1 session this year and all the 2014 race dates with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar.

2014 Australian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Australian Grand Prix articles

Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei

22 comments on 2014 Australian Grand Prix TV Times

1. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 13th March 2014, 13:04

Having a session start at half past the hour just doesn’t feel right… Don’t think I’ll be up for FP1 or FP3!

• petebaldwin (@petebaldwin) said on 13th March 2014, 13:24

@craig-o – I’m goint to do FP1 (first session of the season n’ all) but I definitely wouldn’t bother with FP3!

Rumours are that several teams are going to skip it to make sure they’re ok for Qualifying. There’s only 2 hours between the sessions so any problems in FP3 will most likely put you out of Q1!

2. Alan said on 13th March 2014, 13:12

Having all the F1 shows live on Sky doesn’t seem right.

3. In_Silico (@insilico) said on 13th March 2014, 13:14

It’s also worth saying that there is an F1 preview thing on the red button tonight, apparently at 10. I’m happy that I still have the brilliant method of watching German TV with English commentary from radio 5 live. So I get to see FP1 & FP2 live, FP3 highlights, Qualifying live and the race live. It’s great if you don’t want to go for the Sky F1 channel.

4. Alan said on 13th March 2014, 13:18

And the preview, if it’s the same as the one that’s already been on, is pretty rubbish IMO.

5. HoHum (@hohum) said on 13th March 2014, 13:59

For viewers in the USA, practice is live on NBC-SP tonight starting 9.30pm EDST, there is about 6 hours of non-stop F1 related viewing starting 8.30pm.

6. F1Codger said on 13th March 2014, 17:58

To avoid paying greedy Sky; just point your sat dish to 19.2 degrees East and tune your sat receiver to frequency 12.188 Horizontal polarity and then enjoy free TV pictures of the F1 coverage from German channel RTL. English commentary is available from BBC 5 Live. SIMPLES.

7. spoutnik (@spoutnik) said on 13th March 2014, 20:20

In Belgium, on RTBF 2 (free, times at GMT+1)
    TV airtimes:
    - Qualifications live: 06:55
    - Qualifications: 13:50
    - Race & coverage live: 06:30
    - Race & coverage: 13:20

RTBF website livecenter streaming (Belgium only):
    - Qualifications: 13:50
    - Race: 13:40

8. Brian K said on 13th March 2014, 20:48

UGH, I’m am going to be in the air flying from New York to London for the entirety of the Grand Prix. Flight was booked by my office and this is borderline worthy of resigning in my opinion. Is there anyway I can spending 5 days in the UK with my head in the sand and not find out the results until I get back to my dvr? Either way, I cannot contain my excitement for the new season!

• Mouse_Nightshirt (@mouse_nightshirt) said on 13th March 2014, 23:03

I’ve had to do this on occasion. Sadly, the only foolproof way of doing so is to go to your neatest playground or school, dig a hole in a sandpit, and bury your head. That’s quite literally the only way to bury your head in the sand because 5 days is a long time to go blackout!

I feel for you!

9. Bobby (@f1bobby) said on 13th March 2014, 22:23

Eeeeeeeek! Exciting. I was feeling non-plussed until a couple of weeks ago but now I’m dead excited.

10. SlySlow said on 13th March 2014, 22:51

I am so excited. It’s almost here. I’m sitting in my office in Canberra with the same feeling I used to get on Xmas eve as a child. I don’t think I’ve been more excited for an f1 season than this one. I love the fact that the engines are not yet reliable, that the engineers are finding it hard to replace parts, that bits on the cars are not working properly, that many cars might not finish. F1 should not be easy. F1 should be right at the cutting edge and things should go wrong.

I feel that in past years in has been too easy for the drivers, engineers and mechanics. I think there was a big comfort zone with the engines and mechanicals; hopefully everyone has been thoroughly shaken up and we are in for a cracking show all year!!

11. William said on 13th March 2014, 23:29

For everyone in Australia the coverage is in just under half an hour on One with V8 Supercars up first.
    Friday: 11am to 6.30pm on One and Ten
    Saturday: 8am to 6.30pm on One and Ten
    Sunday: 10am Mark Webber Tribute on One and Ten
    : 11am to 7pm on One and Ten
    : 7pm to 7.30pm on One and Ten

12. Desert Dave said on 14th March 2014, 5:18

Does anyone know how we can get live TV coverage of F1 in the UAE? In previous years AD Sports 2 had live coverage of all F1 sessions (Practice, Quali and Race) but this year – ZIPPO.

Language is not an issue as I can listen to R5 Live for english commentary.

Please help a very frustrated petrol head.

• Mike said on 15th March 2014, 5:25

Live TV coverage in Dubai, anyone???????

• Nitro Nige said on 15th March 2014, 15:31

Dubai is in UAE, so will be beIn Sports, subscription only – see my early reply to Desert Dave’s post.

• Nitro Nige said on 15th March 2014, 12:48

UAE is covered by the beIN sports channels (Channel 12 I think). Subscription only though. But you can subscribe to their online only site providing you have a Middle East postal address/Internet etc., More details on all broadcasters of F1 can be found on this site as it is kept up to date for each new season: http://www.thef1geek.com/f1-tv-live/

13. Keith Claxton said on 14th March 2014, 16:38

Can someone tell me how many World championships Mark Webber has won; does this guy deserve a tribute ????????