Lewis Hamilton says he preferred the feel of driving last year’s Mercedes compared to his current car.
Acknowledging that his current car has much development still to come, Hamilton said: “Naturally I think – I probably speak for all of us – that last year’s car felt better.”
“Perhaps a little bit nicer to drive, we had lots more downforce. But that was a car that was in its fourth year of evolution so now we’re in a new phase and it’s something that just takes some time to get used to.
“The sound, for example, is not as impressive as we had in that car But it’s still, once you get all the cars on the track on the grid, I’m pretty sure it’ll be impressive for fans still.”
Hamilton added his W05 was little changed from its last appearance in pre-season testing: “There’ll be a couple of things on the car but generally it’s going to look the same”.
2014 Australian Grand Prix
- The FIA’s verdict rejecting Red Bull’s appeal in full
- Red Bull’s own measurements showed Ricciardo’s car was illegal – FIA
- Red Bull lose appeal against Ricciardo’s Australian Grand Prix disqualification
- Magnussen wins Driver of the Weekend vote on debut
- Losing podium better than retiring – Ricciardo
Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei