2014 Australian Grand Prix
“In simple terms, we’ve finished a disappointing weekend with a disappointing race, with neither car finishing,” said trackside operations director Alan Permane.
“However the 45 laps completed by Romain [Grosjean's] car is the longest run completed by the E22 and while we accept we’re way behind, we’re working hard to catch up.”
Grosjean retired 15 laps after team mate Pastor Maldonado. Both drivers retired due to a failure of the same component within the MGU-K.
“It’s not the way we want to go racing,” said Permane, who is confident the team will make considerably progress by the next round of the championship.
“We need to make a big leap forward in Malaysia and we’re working every hour to ensure we make this leap. I’m very sure and very confident that we’ll see a big improvement in two weeks’ time.”
2014 F1 season
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Saturday in Tweets
- Hamilton and Rosberg set for their closest fight yet
- ‘I finally managed to drive how I wanted’ – Raikkonen
- Alonso wasn’t expecting Ferrari to be so quick
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix qualifying in pictures
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Lotus/LAT