Rate the race: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

Start, Sepang International Circuit, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (5%)
  • 4 (9%)
  • 5 (17%)
  • 6 (24%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (11%)
  • 9 (3%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 873

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix articles

Image © Caterham/LAT

285 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

1. Eric (@baron-2) said on 30th March 2014, 11:07

The most boring race I can remember watching.

2. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 30th March 2014, 11:09

I voted 4 out of 10 for this race.
    The start was nothing out of the ordinary, cars squabbling, the crash at T4, and no real movement after the 1st lap.
    I was backing Ricciardo and his Pit-Stop, Front Wing Failure, Stop/Go Penalty and eventual DNF within 15 minutes almost made me turn the TV off altogether and prepare for bed despite there being 5 Laps left.

3. Martin (@aardvark) said on 30th March 2014, 11:09

The Vettel Effect* strikes again.

*Similar to Steve Jobs’ Reality Distortion Field.

4. George (@george) said on 30th March 2014, 11:10

Well the race kept me interested at 9am on a Sunday, so they must have been doing something right :)

I gave it a 6, I was never bored but never really excited either.

5. Albert said on 30th March 2014, 11:10

Average, 6/10.

Those Mercs are great, and they have two great drivers to match.

Special mention to RBR’s improvement rate, now confirmed what we suspected after Australia. It will be quite interesting to see where they will be in a couple of GPs.

6. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 30th March 2014, 11:11

I’m feeling generous, 6. It wasn’t exactly “bad”, but not much happened. Most passing was the result of DRS and/or tyres, and there were very few battles or even incidents of note. I was rarely bored though, and it was interesting watching Sutil and Kobayashi trying to make the 2-stop work.

7. jimbob (@vuntoosree) said on 30th March 2014, 11:13

yawn. Rain wouldve helped

8. Formula 1 is to give the best of !!
    Is not for “regulation rece” where drivers are holding back the cars.
    2014 changes compromises not just the engine sound but the actual race.
    Hope complains from fanatics can turn back to real races!!

9. Ash (@kimitard) said on 30th March 2014, 11:14

boring race , a 5 for me

10. William (@william) said on 30th March 2014, 11:15

I gave it a 3 due to no rain at all and very boring as it was like it wasn’t worth it. Bernie should make the race at 5pm local

11. gregwtravels (@gregwtravels) said on 30th March 2014, 11:16

6/10. It was an okay race, but didn’t thrill.
    Ironically, they just re-showed the opening by Eddie Jordan, talking about “rain and clashes!” Not this race, not much.

12. Drezone said on 30th March 2014, 11:17

Race is okay but the problem is mercs way in front in every area at the moment whilst their is a good battle between who is second best car between about 5 teams. Fuel saving and cruising through the race is still an issue. I see Ricciardo has inherited Webber’s car with the same issues and bad luck.

13. Sven (@crammond) said on 30th March 2014, 11:26

Rated 4.

If the race-highlights are a battle including a Caterham on worn tyres, a team-radio-message and a 2-corner-short battle between drivers who also had very differently aged tyres and an (at that point) 1.5 to 2 seconds faster car for the overtaking driver, that says it all, i guess.

That said, in Massa´s position I might have just immediatly stopped the car and rage-quitted the job when hearing that message. It´s not like he needs the money anymore, i guess.

14. KeeleyObsessed (@keeleyobsessed) said on 30th March 2014, 11:28

I thought this race was an 8, but I appear to be in the minority, so I’ll explain my reasoning.
    -A good start, with Vettel giving Rosberg just enough room, then nearly losing out to Ricciardo and Alonso.
    -FOM giving the fans a graphic that they definitely needed in the fuel usage graphic. Definitely helped in painting the picture of the race and hinting at the season.
    -Ricciardo again showing he’s a great choice, only being let down by the team.
    -Bottas, Raikkonen, Kobayashi, Grosjean etc all fighting their way through the field. Great battles at the end of the race between Raikkonen/Grosjean and Massa/Bottas.

So I really enjoyed that race. I’m not too sure which race the complainers were watching…

15. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 30th March 2014, 11:29

Gave it a 7

You need more than talent to win a race now. The new formula is fantastic. So much more to take in during a race.