Rate the race: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

Start, Sepang International Circuit, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (5%)
  • 4 (9%)
  • 5 (17%)
  • 6 (24%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (11%)
  • 9 (3%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 873

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix articles

Image © Caterham/LAT

285 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

1 6 7 8
  1. Sam Andrew said on 31st March 2014, 13:17

6/10 from me – Impressive drive by Hamilton, and some interesting battles going on else where, a bit of rain could have really spiced things up though. Really love the sound of the new engines, would be nice if they could turn the track volume up a little bit vs. the commentary.

Redbull are not as far off Mercedes as everyone seems to think, the car was quicker through the middle section of the lap, so on the right track things will get very interesting. The battle for second was close between Seb and Nico at points; Nico wasn’t walking away from them until the late stages of the race. Shaping up to be an interesting season.

2. Alex McFarlane said on 31st March 2014, 13:44

I’d give it generous 5/10. Some interesting moments at the start and end but long spells in the middle where wasn’t a lot of fighting for positions.
    I probably wouldn’t be watching this year if it wasn’t for the rule changes, I stopped watching for 10 years from 1997-2006 because I thought F1 was boring even then. Biggest problem so far is that half the teams still don’t really look ready to compete despite reliability looking better than expected.
    I still think there is potential for the new formula to deliver decent racing so I’m prepared to cut it some slack this year. After that, who knows?

3. boring awfull. Disgrace. Easy to comment but I feel F1 has definitely lost its magic and quite frankly I dont know how this could be changed now.

4. Guenther SF said on 31st March 2014, 14:41

Every year is the same for me. These tracks designed by Hermann Tilke are pretty boring but then when F1 arrives in Europe, the glamour is back! NH pretty impressive as well as DR. Again, LH, FA and SV showing their top level.

5. Bobby (@f1bobby) said on 31st March 2014, 16:18

My favourite driver won by a mile so I was happy with the result but it was a flipping boring race, even behind the leaders. 4/10.

6. Oscar (@oscar) said on 31st March 2014, 17:38

Utterly boring and flat race.
    Gave it a 4…

7. PJA (@pja) said on 31st March 2014, 18:31

Not a great race, I gave it a 6.

I didn’t think it was as good as Australia which I rated a 7, I almost gave Malaysia a 6.5 which would have rounded up to a 7 but decided to stick with just 6.

8. sonia luff (@sonia54) said on 31st March 2014, 19:12

This season looks like it’s going to be no better than previous seasons . Mercedes domination instead of Red Bull. Let’s hope the other teams can catchup and challenge for the front.

9. Castor (@castor) said on 31st March 2014, 20:09

For the second race in a row I found myself doing other stuff and just casually looking over to the TV when the commentators got “excited” about something (which wasn’t in many cases). I do not mind the sound of the engines, at least not on TV, on track maybe the sound (or lack of) would bother me, I’ll see when I go to a race.

Fans complained about one driver winning all the time, so we get all these changes and… we still get one driver miles ahead of anyone else (different driver, but same thing as before).

To me, racing should be great drivers, great cars, let’s see who is faster! This DRS, ERS, “you must use two types of tyres in a race”, fuel sensors, double points in the final race, doesn’t go with me, really, seeing all this, maybe Bernies idea of splinkers to create “random” wet races isn’t that bad!

10. DUPOUY (@oneightwozeroes) said on 31st March 2014, 20:19

4… to me F1 is not anymore the ultimate racing experience. Those cars are ugly, sound bad, and even the pilots seem to be bored! Come on GPDA guys you need to do something to save this sport! How can they all agree with something as stupid as Ricciardo having a 10 places grid penalty for the next GP because of a mistake from his team! I am really worried about the future of this sport and I am really looking forward for WEC (beautiful cars + technology + great tracks with history + great drivers not concerned by weight limit) and WTCC (great racers + shunts from the first lap to the very last). If it was not for the oval tracks (7 out of 14) Indycar could be great as well (look at this video it’s pretty amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJ5nHSwZrc#t=30)

11. Dave Roberts said on 1st April 2014, 11:55

8 – whilst Hamilton’s Mercedes was streets ahead of everyone else there was still intrigue for the rest of the field, I enjoyed it and Williams provided some interest when they told Massa to cede to Bottas. I spent the rest of the race willing Massa to finish ahead.

12. Vince Duggan (@vince-dugganvirginactive-co-za) said on 1st April 2014, 12:03

If you use the NPS (http://www.netpromoter.com/why-net-promoter/know/) method of evaluating the votes, this race comes out at -54 (at the time of my vote), which is a shockingly bad NPS score.

It means that by far the majority of viewers think the race was not worth watching, and that those who voted 7 or 8 are likely to be swayed either way next race, i.e. another boring race and they will be likely to vote 6 or lower.

Not a good indication at all…

13. Fernando Alonso saved the race overtaking Hulk, that was the only exciting moment of the race

1 6 7 8