2014 Bahrain Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 Pictures

Kevin Magnussen on track.

Pictures from the first day of practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images © Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

14 comments on 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. andae23 (@andae23) said on 4th April 2014, 21:17

I must say, the night pictures are 100 times better than the boring day pictures – looks great!

• Neel Jani (@neelv27) said on 4th April 2014, 21:29

@andae23 I remember the same in MotoGP when Qatar (also debuted in 2004) looked awfully dull due to being a circuit amongst the sand and from 2008, when they turned on the lights, it was a whole different spectacle.

The surrounding of any track matters to the overall viewing pleasure. Even Turkey (which was a good track in itself) looked dull due to no surroundings.

Racing at night diminishes that as well as gives a great spectacle of dark sky and twinkling lights.

• Deej92 (@deej92) said on 4th April 2014, 21:40

They do indeed look great! But I’ve always been a fan of the pictures from Bahrain, night or day. I like the desert-feel of the circuit. For some it is dull, for me it has a lovely backdrop.

• Hamilfan (@hamilfan) said on 5th April 2014, 3:02

@andae23 I love the ferrari colors in the night . It just looks more sparkling and mean .

2. Bobby (@f1bobby) said on 4th April 2014, 22:06

Sooooo, when are McLaren getting their title sponsor (and who is it?!)

• Diego (@ironcito) said on 5th April 2014, 4:44

I assume they don’t have one yet, so: as soon as possible (whoever will pay what they ask).

• joetoml1n (@joetoml1n) said on 5th April 2014, 11:50

I don’t think it’s whoever will pay what they ask, it’s more of they’re trying to negotiate the right deal.. As I understand it, they’re in negotiations, and it’s the other side (Sony) that are dragging their heels a little bit..

3. Grego Franco (@francogrego) said on 5th April 2014, 7:47

Nice helmet design of Geido and Seb. Rob looks fine wearing white. The cars look amazing at night because of the lights!

4. Neel Jani (@neelv27) said on 5th April 2014, 9:54

Thank God! The changing of helmet designs aren’t banned or else we wouldn’t have seen Seb’s helmet. What a great ‘rust’ feel he has given. Awesome.

5. Jorge H. (@kobe08) said on 5th April 2014, 15:20

Argentinian flag on the top of Adrian Sutil’s helmet? Does anyone know why?