Nico Rosberg has been given a reprimand following his incident with Sergio Perez in today’s second practice session.
Perez had to swerve to avoid Rosberg when he caught the Mercedes driver towards the end of a flying lap. Rosberg saw Perez was coming and began to move off-line at the same time Perez had already turned in the same direction to avoid the Mercedes.
The stewards rules Rosberg “slowed unnecessarily and recklessly in front of car 11 [Perez] between turns 13 and 14″ and handed him a reprimand, his first of the season.
Meanwhile Esteban Gutierrez was cleared of any infringement after the stewards investigated the Sauber driver for holding up Felipe Massa at the same point on the circuit.
“After hearing from the driver and reviewing the video evidence the stewards decided that the incident was not an impeding situation,” they ruled.
2014 Bahrain Grand Prix
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Hamilton wins Driver of the Weekend again
- Thrilling Bahrain GP gets best rating since 2012 finale
- 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix
Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei