Rate the race: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Sergio Perez, Force India, Bahrain International Circuit, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (1%)
  • 7 (3%)
  • 8 (15%)
  • 9 (34%)
  • 10 (45%)

Total Voters: 1,346

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix articles

Image © Force India

442 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

1. Mackeine Loveine (@cocaine-mackeine) said on 6th April 2014, 17:56

10. Excellent race. Everyone fighting, everybody was pushing, the whole race was thrilling and the last laps were the best since the 2013 British GP. This race was the best since Brazil 2012. Also congrats to Perez, he made an awesome job, I hope McLaren learns about his mistake.

2. Dj xo2 (@dj-xo2) said on 6th April 2014, 17:56

It was looking like a solid 2, but the second hour was some of the best racing in years!

3. Drezone said on 6th April 2014, 17:57

Noah’s ark formation means the only racing is between team mates and not other drivers and cars.

Race was okay for 47 laps but having a safety car made 10 laps of real good racing.

Funny how vettel thought he was slow down the straights after ricciardo got him.

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 6th April 2014, 19:09

Did you really not see any racing between different teams?

4. MazdaChris (@mazdachris) said on 6th April 2014, 17:57

If you can find fault with that then you may as well stop watching motor sports. That’s as good as it gets.

• Palle (@palle) said on 6th April 2014, 20:50

+1;-) Only problem is, when it is this good, You miss out on much of the action, because so much happens at the same time, that FOM has to chose what to show us. And while they showed us the replays a lot of stuff happened.

• schumonen said on 7th April 2014, 2:11

You know what, after reading this comments today and people praising the race, I think I’m gonna stop watching F1. I’ve been watching since 1994 but seeing all this 2011 new fans rating this 10/10. I think what I’m gonna do is stop reading this site commentaries and rate the race posts. Hope Keith will comment on the race, I hope he says its a 3 like I did, cause this F1 is not racing.

5. sato113 (@sato113) said on 6th April 2014, 17:58

@keithcollantine silly idea putting this article up straight after the finish dont you think? let people digest it a bit.

6. Marcos Vinicius (@marcosmark) said on 6th April 2014, 17:58

10/10. I don’t remember getting so excited with a race in a long time.

7. Sankalp Sharma (@sankalp88) said on 6th April 2014, 17:58

Well done to the Brackley boys. Rosberg was faster, but Hamilton defended superbly whenever it mattered. Other than that, great battles all around. Good tussle, between Williams, RB and of course Force India. Congratulations to Perez!

8. Patrickl (@patrickl) said on 6th April 2014, 17:58

That has to be one of the greatest races of recent times. Amazing battles throughout the field and even at the front. Very cool.

9. Lorenzo (@thegamer23) said on 6th April 2014, 17:58

Simple as that.
    I looked like a little, excited child while watching this amazing race. Istant classic

10. Tommy C (@tommy-c) said on 6th April 2014, 17:59

Oh and I also loved how there was so much overtaking and attempts to pass outside the DRS zones. Defensive driving was on show once again which makes passes that much better when they finally come off!

11. sketchyterry (@sketchyterry) said on 6th April 2014, 17:59

Easily 10/10, epic race.

Changes throughout the grid including the lead which is to often recently been non-existent.

Maldonado deserves to be banned from F1…. again and again stupid suicidal moves. I understand drivers do silly things now and again, they are only human. But Pastor is just crazy, so dangerous and he could easily end up seriously hurting someone. Or worse…

12. HUHHII (@huhhii) said on 6th April 2014, 17:59

9 for the race + 1 point for having Brian Johnson on the podium. What a spectacle!

13. Slava (@slava) said on 6th April 2014, 17:59

I didn’t expect that. Real racing, everything worked perfectly today.
    Shame on Ferrari, they are terrible.

14. petebaldwin (@petebaldwin) said on 6th April 2014, 18:00

Lots of close battles enhanced by DRS throughout the field. Absolutely great race!

15. timi (@timi) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

hopefully the racing will make the people complaining about noise realise what F1 is really about

16. Mike Dee (@mike-dee) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

Very good race, great overtaking. 8/10

Two minus points:
    – Safety car is always giving a random advantage or disadvantage to some drivers. Plus it was way too long
    – Live timing is useless. Can’t follow strategy.

How many laps did the Mercs have to pull that 24 second gap? 10 or 11? Crazy. Doesn’t bode well for a win by any other team this season.

• Albert said on 6th April 2014, 18:03

Number 1 is part of the core of F1.

And number 2 is not directly related to the race itself.

• Palle (@palle) said on 6th April 2014, 21:00

I used the F1 app, which worked almost great during this race. Not without errors, but I could follow the strategies, keep track of each drivers no of pitstops, which tyres he was on, how many laps old the tyres was, how far behind the driver in front he was, laptimes, sector times etc. etc. For an action packed race like this, the App is almost a must.

17. matt90 (@matt90) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

I don’t like voting 10. I had to really consider what would make the race better. I couldn’t think of much besides ideally wanting more than 1 team involved at the front. But we still had a battle for the lead and battles all the way through the field, and I found the Mercedes dominance after the safety car somewhat awe inspiring (if not so good for actual racing). 10- there wasn’t enough to detract from the great bits to warrant less.

18. rajf1 (@rajf1) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

wow..not taxi racing definitely :) Rated – 10

19. reiter (@reiter) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

This is the best Formula 1 race I’ve watched since 2012. Truly, absolutely astounding! I haven’t shouted so much at a TV in a very long time.

20. Andy (@andycz) said on 6th April 2014, 18:02

Absolutely perfect race! Only one bad thing – and that’s Maldonator… Pity about Williams because of him.

I follow F1 since 1999 and I think this was the best dry race I have ever saw!!!