Rate the race: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Sergio Perez, Force India, Bahrain International Circuit, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (1%)
  • 7 (3%)
  • 8 (15%)
  • 9 (34%)
  • 10 (45%)

Total Voters: 1,346

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix articles

Image © Force India

441 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

1 4 5 6 7 8 15
  1. Mike Dee (@mike-dee) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

Very good race, great overtaking. 8/10

Two minus points:
    – Safety car is always giving a random advantage or disadvantage to some drivers. Plus it was way too long
    – Live timing is useless. Can’t follow strategy.

How many laps did the Mercs have to pull that 24 second gap? 10 or 11? Crazy. Doesn’t bode well for a win by any other team this season.

• Albert said on 6th April 2014, 18:03

Number 1 is part of the core of F1.

And number 2 is not directly related to the race itself.

• Palle (@palle) said on 6th April 2014, 21:00

I used the F1 app, which worked almost great during this race. Not without errors, but I could follow the strategies, keep track of each drivers no of pitstops, which tyres he was on, how many laps old the tyres was, how far behind the driver in front he was, laptimes, sector times etc. etc. For an action packed race like this, the App is almost a must.

2. matt90 (@matt90) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

I don’t like voting 10. I had to really consider what would make the race better. I couldn’t think of much besides ideally wanting more than 1 team involved at the front. But we still had a battle for the lead and battles all the way through the field, and I found the Mercedes dominance after the safety car somewhat awe inspiring (if not so good for actual racing). 10- there wasn’t enough to detract from the great bits to warrant less.

3. rajf1 (@rajf1) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

wow..not taxi racing definitely :) Rated – 10

4. reiter (@reiter) said on 6th April 2014, 18:01

This is the best Formula 1 race I’ve watched since 2012. Truly, absolutely astounding! I haven’t shouted so much at a TV in a very long time.

5. Andy (@andycz) said on 6th April 2014, 18:02

Absolutely perfect race! Only one bad thing – and that’s Maldonator… Pity about Williams because of him.

I follow F1 since 1999 and I think this was the best dry race I have ever saw!!!

6. 9/10. Better than the entire 2013 season

7. Lars (@lars) said on 6th April 2014, 18:03

9. Amazing race. Fantastic final result Hamilton, Rosberg, Perez and Ricciardo. Only reason that I can not give a 10 is I am Magnussen and McLaren fan and they did not finish. Never seen so many overtakings in one race.

8. PT (@pt) said on 6th April 2014, 18:04

WOW! WOW! What a race…it was like watching a Moto GP or World Superbikes race. Phew! One thing’s sure – Mercedes-Benz has not only the best cars on the grid, but also the BEST drivers! Take that Sebastian Vettel…would you be able to handle racing like this?

Take that you Red Bull, Ferrari and FOM naysayers…

9. Uzair Syed (@ultimateuzair) said on 6th April 2014, 18:04

10/10! What a race! Smashdonado might have caused a bad accident, but he helped the racing!

10. Pete (@repete86) said on 6th April 2014, 18:04

Epic, epic race! I thought that the safety car was going to ruin the HAM/ROS battle, but it just made it that more spectacular to watch Hamilton fend off Rosberg’s car with better tires. That’s probably the best race I’ve seen.

11. thetobs (@thetobs) said on 6th April 2014, 18:04

10/10. Best race in a while. A lot of inter team battles and the two Mercedes almost touching. This is how every F1 race should be.

12. Uzair Syed (@ultimateuzair) said on 6th April 2014, 18:05

Driver of the weekend is gonna be a tough one though.

13. Yoshitsune (@yobo01) said on 6th April 2014, 18:06

What a race. One of the best dry races in the last few years.

14. Dimitris 1395 (@dimitris-1395) said on 6th April 2014, 18:07

Absolutely astonishing race. Mercedes cars were a lot faster but the battle they had it was one of the best I’ve ever seen.
    Hamilton, Rosberg, Perez, Ricciardo all had excellent races.
    I can say if the gap to Mercedes closes, I will adore the new era of F1. There are much more to come. Let’s wait and see!

15. Ron (@rcorporon) said on 6th April 2014, 18:07

Great race! I gave it 8/10 mostly due to the Merc dominance leaving little question as to which team would win, but overall simply awesome.

1 4 5 6 7 8 15