Rate the race: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Sergio Perez, Force India, Bahrain International Circuit, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (1%)
  • 7 (3%)
  • 8 (15%)
  • 9 (34%)
  • 10 (45%)

Total Voters: 1,346

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix articles

Image © Force India

442 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

1. beninlux (@beninlux) said on 6th April 2014, 19:10

10/10 for me
    Action from start to finish
    Best race I’ve seen in years

2. Jackie Palmer (@brandshatchbunny) said on 6th April 2014, 19:17

Brilliant race feel bad for Alonso and the McLaren drivers though

3. gabal (@gabal) said on 6th April 2014, 19:19

9/10, really a great race from start to finish. There were so many battles going on that I was sure we are missing something else by focusing on one battle.

4. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 6th April 2014, 19:20

Ooof, easily and by far a 10 from me. I have seen races and I have seen battles, but not this many and this clean I might add. There were fights all the way down the grid, but the Hamilton-Rosberg one overshadowed them all. And it was especially fantastic to watch Williams and FI really driving the Ferrari’s and Red Bulls hard. Towards the end I thought I’d have a heart attack with the Ricciardo – Perez finish, and my hands were shaking for a good 10 minutes afterwords.

5. bosyber (@bosyber) said on 6th April 2014, 19:24

I gave it a 10; perhaps there could have been even more fighting for the lead, but this is F1 and I think even having a dominant team that finally shows just how fast they are while fighting a battle between the two drivers for the lead, then behind that a great fight for all positions, is just about the best it can offer. And it didn’t even need the SC to be a great race, though that made it a stunner.

6. Keamo said on 6th April 2014, 19:25

10 out of 10.

Brilliant race. . Best I’ve seen in a long time!
    Lewis, what a racer!!
    This will definitely silence his detractors.

7. DaveD (@daved) said on 6th April 2014, 19:27

Absolutely fantastic racing! 10/10!!!

So much action and no team orders, all the teams fighting from wire to wire. If they’d just suspend Maldanado, I’d call this a perfect weekend.

8. Mcquiz (@mcquiz) said on 6th April 2014, 19:27

9/10 Not a fan of the dirty from Hamilton that commentators thought to be “friendly”.
    Pushing someone off the track is not a valid defensive move. Also my heart broke when I saw Mercedes pulling away around 2.5 seconds per lap, that’s worse domination than we had in 2004.

9. Todfod (@todfod) said on 6th April 2014, 19:32

9. It was one of the best races I’ve seen in a while.

I would have given it a 10 if there was one more driver / team that could mix it up with the Mercs.

But without a doubt the best race I’ve seen in a while. Really enjoyed it

10. sasho (@ferrist) said on 6th April 2014, 19:33

I gave a rate 9 for Bahrain race. That was the race , I was waiting for. As a Ferrari fan, that was not the performance I hoped for, but let’s hope that the squared will soon recover , and fight for better positions.

11. Dragon (@dragon88) said on 6th April 2014, 19:35

10!!
    Who was criticising F1 for being really boring, again? :P

12. Fixy (@fixy) said on 6th April 2014, 19:39

8/10
    I discovered I like intra-team battles more than extra-team battles. It was great to see the Mercedes, Force India and Williams duos battling between each other, though the Safety Car (gladly) helped.

13. Antonio (@antoniocorleone) said on 6th April 2014, 19:40

10/10
    We had everything in this race. Wheel to wheel racing, overtaking, mistakes, fight for the lead, different strategies… For God’s sake, we even had a car spinning in the air. What the heck can you ask for more.

14. sfx said on 6th April 2014, 19:50

That’s a little piece of what F1 should be.

15. Dylan Mota (@mota18) said on 6th April 2014, 19:58

10/10 Incredible race all around with battles almost everywhere on the grid. I don’t think any team has a clear number 1 driver which should make these battles between teammates even more exciting. I just hope that the grid can catch up to Mercedes so we don’t have a 30 second gap between 2nd and 3rd every race.

16. markopoloman (@markopoloman) said on 6th April 2014, 20:00

9/10 from me. Would have been 10/10 but the FIA rules regarding how long the safety car stays out was the only (LONG) spanner in the works! Awesome race apart from that :)

17. 10/10 great race and it just shows how much of a great driver Lewis is and that Hamilton is the better driver than Rosberg. good to see Chilton finish another race and finish in 13th giving them 10th in the constructors again.

18. Oscar (@oscar) said on 6th April 2014, 20:14

8/10
    A better start would have made 9/10
    And other cars succesfully chasing the Mercs would have made it 10/10
    In fact, a Villeneuve vs Arnoux finish would hace made it 11/10…

19. Ivan Vinitskyy (@ivan-vinitskyy) said on 6th April 2014, 20:15

I gave this race an 8 because there was too much worrying about Ham Ros battle at the end and it’s not good for my health )