With tyre warmers set to be banned next year, Pirelli produced new development tyres which the Williams test driver used in Bahrain today.
Nasr races in the GP2 series where tyre warmers are not permitted, but experienced difficulties getting heat into the 2015 tyres, which are at an early stage in development.
“Running a Formula One tyre when it hasn’t been in a blanket was one of the most interesting things as it’s very difficult to get them up to temperature, even in the Bahrain heat,” said Nasr.
“It will be even more of a challenge at tracks such as Silverstone or Spa.”
A previous attempt to ban the use of tyre warmers in 2009 failed after concerns were raised by drivers.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Williams/LAT