Rate the race: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix

2014 Chinese Grand Prix

Jenson Button, McLaren, Shanghai International Circuit, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Chinese Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Chinese Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (4%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (5%)
  • 4 (11%)
  • 5 (23%)
  • 6 (30%)
  • 7 (19%)
  • 8 (4%)
  • 9 (0%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 750

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Chinese Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Chinese Grand Prix articles

Image © McLaren/LAT

178 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix

1. george1066 (@george1066) said on 20th April 2014, 11:42

Obviously the worst race so far this season and can only be compared to watching a football match without a ball.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2. Mike Dee (@mike-dee) said on 20th April 2014, 11:47

The main problem of the race was that it feels more exciting when I overtake someone on a motorway than the overtake we had during this race.

3. Abuelo Paul (@abuello-paul) said on 20th April 2014, 11:58

BTCC Donington, now thats racing.

4. Sharon H (@sharoncom) said on 20th April 2014, 12:32

Gave it 3/10 I’m afraid. Not much happening and 3 potential last-lap battles would have been nullified by a chequered flag-waving novice anyway.

5. Mcquiz (@mcquiz) said on 20th April 2014, 12:46

You say it was boring or average and you give it 6 or 7. Where’s the logic in that?

6. dkpioe said on 20th April 2014, 12:55

4 out of 10. whats worse then a vettel domination, a Hamilton domination. no but seriously, it was a dull race – no fault of hamiltons, and shows Mercedes have it easier this year then Redbull had it in the past 3 years… I would rather see a team have an aero advantage then this ridiculous engine advantage because of homologation which means no matter how good Ferrari or Renault powered cars are, they will still finish behind Mercedes. with aero – at least they can work on the car throughout the year, with engine homologation – and advantage is locked in forever…. I hope Red Bull switches to Honda next year, as Renault are out of the race until a new engine formula comes around, and we are in for more boring races. I think we have to wait for Monaco for a chance to see anyone besides Mercedes win, or a wet race, or Merc drivers crashing. Alonso and Ricciardo should be in cars fighting the Mercs….

7. Pingguest said on 20th April 2014, 12:56

5/10 – It was quite boring.

8. Egorov (@egorov) said on 20th April 2014, 13:12

I gave it a 1… What’s the need of a race, when one driver/team has more than 3s a lap advantage, qualify at the top, and then vanish after the start… Its surprising that nobody is crying now that Lewis is not fighting for the win…

• As a Hamilton fan I loved his domination in Malaysia, his scrap in Bahrain and his ultra fast pole lap on Saturday, but it is starting to get old now. It’s weird that I actually find myself rooting for rival drivers, just so they can push Hamilton more.

9. usukpam said on 20th April 2014, 13:15

Can someone please confirm if this is another Grand Slam for Lewis in China : Pole+Win+Fastest race lap+leading all race laps.

10. RV (@zenren) said on 20th April 2014, 14:08

4/10.
    Simple fact that my predictions for pole and 1-5 positions became spot on suggests how boring and predictable the race was. Rosberg fell down the order but still managed to get back to P2 without any outstanding driving which suggests Mercedes can probably sleep off on Saturdays this year and still get a 1-2. The only thing that didn’t go as expected was probably the chequered flag a lap early. May be that guy fell sleepy due to the uneventful race and made that mistake. Even with results being determined 2 laps earlier, there were absolutely no changes to any positions till P17 and that confirms how boring the last laps were.

11. Dave said on 20th April 2014, 14:18

4/10. Dull. A few good moments but few and far between. What are the chances of Mercedes winning every race this season! Quite likely I fear.

12. Ron (@rcorporon) said on 20th April 2014, 14:34

3/10 for me… terrible race. Very little real overtaking and not a lot of drama otherwise.

Quote of the day for me was Vet: “Tough luck.”

13. Howard (@howard) said on 20th April 2014, 14:57

Shows last race which was branded best ever a big political statement.

14. Toxic (@toxic) said on 20th April 2014, 15:08

Very poor race. 4/10 for me. Never liked the track and after Bahrain it looked even worse than normal.
    Hated the team orders at Red Bull. I am more of a Ricciardo fan but still want him to fight for position. Afterwards there are always all those comments. I am actually quite discussed with people criticizing Vettel for his response and all this negativity across fans.

15. Nick (@npf1) said on 20th April 2014, 15:25

I gave it a 6, a run of the mill post 2010 race, I guess. It was interesting to keep an eye on developing battles, but as per usual, they never really happened.

The only reason it didn’t get a 5 or lower was because I felt engaged still. Unlike some 2011 or late 2013 races, I didn’t feel the need to check my smartphone or noodle something on guitar.