Caption Competition 49: Hamilton and Alonso

Caption Competition

Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Shanghai, 2014

What did Lewis Hamilton have to say to Fernando Alonso on the podium at the Chinese Grand Prix?

Submit your funniest suggestion for this week’s caption competition in the comments below.

As usual a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

169 comments on Caption Competition 49: Hamilton and Alonso

1. Ham: “If you like I can tow you next time..”

2. Ham: It’s spelled M e r c e d e s, but I don’t have the phone no with me right now”

3. Corrado (@corrado-dub) said on 26th April 2014, 16:05

LH: “Am I the best or what ?”
    FA: “hihihihihihhiiii !”

4. Putti SPIII (@veldaarf1) said on 26th April 2014, 16:05

LH: “And then Christian told Seb to let Daniel through!”
    FA:”I feel SO sorry for him…”

5. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 26th April 2014, 16:15

A Merc is faster than a Fi4t.

6. D Winn said on 26th April 2014, 16:18

Do you think you can get me a big discount from Mattiacci ?

7. Yayra A (@xdugu19) said on 26th April 2014, 16:21

LH: Alonso, pose for the cameras hip hop style
    FA: Lean back, lean back

8. michaeldobson13 (@michaeldobson13) said on 26th April 2014, 16:23

LH: Well done on winning the B-Category

9. Anirudh said on 26th April 2014, 16:27

How would you feel if Kimi had a radio ” Fernando is faster than you “

10. GB (@bgp001ruled) said on 26th April 2014, 16:58

– My Merc might be a good car!
    – I hate you!

11. trotter said on 26th April 2014, 17:21

Alonso: Look at the curves on that beauty, oh la la.
    Hamiltion: Dude, don’t stare like that at my car, she’s shy.

12. Lewis- So shall we drive for Ron next year?
    Fernando- have you seen how slow they are?

13. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 26th April 2014, 17:31

I don’t have a clue what he said, but it was really really good to see Fernando genuinely smiling again both here and on a shot in a review gallery of Formula1.com. It is very telling that this had to be pointed out.

14. Funfun said on 26th April 2014, 17:45

LH; Hey i think i saw u before.. like in year 2007.. anyway im Lewis. Whats your name?
    FA; Oh ya? Really? :) Im Fernando. Nice to know u.

15. shyguy said on 26th April 2014, 17:54

LH; Nando, while i still around you should just forget about your WC dream this year.. lol..
    FA; Lol.. Really?? Did you forgot to wear your underwear?

16. Apparently Seb cant cope with a loose rear, I’m not sure whether they are talking about the RB10 or just the chinese food?

17. hzh (@hzh00) said on 26th April 2014, 18:15

Is that Kimi in the crowds who’s giving me that “I will show you what I can do” look? This is weird, I am used only to Felipe’s.

18. Gary Miereanu said on 26th April 2014, 18:47

So I guess we’re not catching a Clippers game anytime soon.

19. R.J. O'Connell (@rjoconnell) said on 26th April 2014, 18:50

“Lewis, I’m not too sure about this sloped floor they installed here on the podium.”

20. dumb_man (@dumb_man) said on 26th April 2014, 18:50

Im going to lap you at Barcelona.