McLaren has denied reports Jenson Button’s participation in the Spanish Grand Prix is in doubt.
Several publications claimed on Tuesday Button had withdrawn from a triathlon competition in Spain due to problems with his leg.
A McLaren spokesperson told F1 Fanatic: “Jenson decided not to complete the Canary Islands triathlon, but he is fit and well and has, contrary to a few rogue media reports, no injuries of any kind.”
“Indeed, he is driving in our simulator today and is looking forward to participating in the forthcoming Spanish Grand Prix,” they added.
Button regularly participates in triathlons as part of his fitness regime.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © McLaren/LAT