2014 Spanish Grand Prix practice in pictures

F1 Pictures

Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, Circuit de Catalunya, 2014

Pictures from the first day of practice for the Spanish Grand Prix.

F1 pictures

View more F1 pictures

Images © Ferrari spa/Ercole Colombo, Lotus/LAT, Williams/LAT, McLaren/Hoch Zwei, Mercedes/Hoch Zwei, Daimler/Hoch Zwei, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT, Marussia, Pirelli

8 comments on 2014 Spanish Grand Prix practice in pictures

1. Barry Miller (@bmk1586) said on 9th May 2014, 19:01

I thought I remember Lotus talking of a new nose solution/update, or was I dreaming of F1 again?

• philprojectd (@philprojectd) said on 9th May 2014, 19:07

I remember hearing that too…With the update being considered for the Spanish GP. Guess not. All of their development must have gone into the PU.

• Deej92 (@deej92) said on 9th May 2014, 20:53

I hadn’t heard of this before, not to say it isn’t what they said.

I remember Caterham saying before the season started that at the Spanish GP they’d have a Lotus-style nose instead of their original one and on Twitter rumours of a Lotus-style nose for McLaren at this race as well but they seem wide of the mark. But you never know, both might end up with it in the next few races.

2. dennis (@dennis) said on 9th May 2014, 19:56

The shot of Chilton from above makes the Marrussia look as long as a Bus!

3. SauberS1 (@saubers1) said on 9th May 2014, 23:16

Nice pictures!

4. HiPn0tIc (@hipn0tic) said on 10th May 2014, 2:42

Nasr pic is really good

5. GeeMac (@geemac) said on 10th May 2014, 6:26

Interesting helmet design from Sutil there. Wow, I never thought I would use “Sutil” and “interesting” in the same sentence…

6. aaron said on 10th May 2014, 7:33

is it just me or does that red bull have a really sexy bum, super tight!!!!! even if its power is coming from human push!!!