Sebastian Vettel will take no further part in practice for the Spanish Grand Prix following his technical problem in this morning’s session.
Red Bull confirmed an electrical problem caused Vettel to stop just four laps into first practice and his car will not be repaired in time for the second session.
“Due to an electrical problem that has damaged the wiring loom of car number one, Sebastian will not be able to take part in FP2,” the team stated on Twitter.
“The team will use the time to fix it to be ready for FP3 tomorrow.”
Vettel switched to an earlier Red Bull chassis for this weekend. He ended the first practice session in twentieth place, while team mate Daniel Ricciardo set the third-fastest time in the other Red Bull.
2014 Spanish Grand Prix
- Vettel’s recovery run earns him Driver of the Weekend
- Spanish Grand Prix continues ratings rise since 2011
- 2014 Spanish Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Spanish Grand Prix
- Vote for your 2014 Spanish GP driver of the weekend
Image © Red Bull/Getty