Rate the race: 2014 Spanish Grand Prix

2014 Spanish Grand Prix

Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, Circuit de Catalunya, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Spanish Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (5%)
  • 5 (10%)
  • 6 (18%)
  • 7 (30%)
  • 8 (22%)
  • 9 (6%)
  • 10 (1%)

Total Voters: 800

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Spanish Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Spanish Grand Prix articles

249 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Spanish Grand Prix

1 4 5 6
  1. Irejag (@irejag) said on 12th May 2014, 0:13

I gave it a One. Why? Because it didn’t deserve anything more that that. Boring from start to finish and very predictable.
    How can this even be called racing? Calling it a race is an insult to racing!
    I was watching Ricciardo coming up on Bottas then his team tells him to drop back to a two second gap to save the tires! That is not a race. The whole point of a race is to push yourself to finish first. Isn’t far more effective to get up right behind the next driver and harass him until he makes a mistake? They should be giving these guys tires that allow them to actually do that.
    To me, the only reason a driver should have to stop and change tires is because he was pushing the car to the brink of exploding. The points are only given to the top ten drivers, so then they should push as hard as they can to get into the top ten. I would rather my driver push his car to until it dies on him then finish outside of the points.

• pSynrg (@psynrg) said on 12th May 2014, 8:25

@irejag

The whole point of a race is to push yourself to finish first.

Actually the whole point of a race is to win as slowly as possible. Thus conserving resources and decreasing the possibility of a failure and increasing the likelihood of the win.

2. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 12th May 2014, 1:01

I enjoy all of the f1 races, obviously some are much better than others and a lot of the racing quality is due more to the track that offers more passing availability than other tracks. Monaco being an exception because there are very, very limited passing areas so desperation is more common as drivers become frustrated and try near impossible passes. I just wonder how many of the F1 respondents watch football/soccer? Hours go by with a single point being scored, now this is boring to me. I am sure this soccer comment will get more responses than it deserves……………… Thanks, RnR

3. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 12th May 2014, 1:04

Woops, forgot to mention SVettle …. is this a race where Red Bull lets us know that they are back in the game. SB seemed to have some magic charm last year and this year to date seems only bad luck is on his side. Really wanted Nico to win ……. RnR

4. Sean Doyle (@spdoyle17) said on 12th May 2014, 2:21

Maybe I’m overthinking it, but I gave it a four because there was no surprises for me. Once I saw the strategy, I knew how they were going to finish. What iced it was knowing when Nico went through his graining cycle on the last stint, that’d provide Lewis the margin needed to keep Nico back.

Maybe I pay too much attention, and no, Bernie, I’m not asking for a Mario Kart element of surprise, but I was underwhelmed.

Give us ground effects and neuter the wings already. More non-DRS overtaking would make this far more entertaining.

5. GB (@bgp001ruled) said on 12th May 2014, 5:31

what? the end was exciting? really? for me the race was 3/10 and i still wonder why i rate it so high! and the end? well, i didnt get to see it: i was so bored out of my skull that i went back to bed! in my country it was a 6am race! two thirds i watched: horribly boring!!!!

6. Bruno (@brunes) said on 12th May 2014, 8:24

BOOOOOOO

7. Antonio (@frosty-jacks-racing-team) said on 12th May 2014, 11:39

7 for me thanks to the last laps.

I would be curious to see what these ratings would be like if Hunt and Walker still did the commentary, I find with BBC this year that Ben Edwards misses SO much events as they happen plus DC starts every post analysis incident with ‘well…’. Personally I think my post race reflection on excitement would be much more positive without ‘Lights out awaayy wee gooo’. Avid watchers opinion of course, I’m sure Ill eat my words come Silverstone.

8. Toncho said on 12th May 2014, 14:16

3/10 boooooring and predictable.

9. Fixy (@fixy) said on 12th May 2014, 15:51

3/10
    Got so bored I actually forgot to follow the race almost completely from around lap 5. Wasn’t even sure what positions some drivers were running in. Vettel had a good comeback, Raikkonen and Alonso fought well, but I’m not sto hyped of Rosberg failing to beat Hamilton yet again, despite the “he’s coming for him!” that was being shouted for the last 10 laps and which led to nothing.

10. Tavo Bautista (@tavotgz) said on 13th May 2014, 17:29

so so so boring just at the end when Nico was closing the gap to Lewis was interesting

11. PJA (@pja) said on 13th May 2014, 17:36

I gave it a 7.

The early part of the race wasn’t that good and I thought it would be a typical Barcelona GP, in other words quite boring.

However Vettel and Alonso three stopping and charging the field added enough excitement later in the race and when Rosberg was chasing down Hamilton in the final stint I was on the edge of my seat wondering which way it would turn out, and I thought it would be in Rosberg’s favour.

So overall a decent race.

1 4 5 6