Marco Mattiacci, Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari, Circuit de Catalunya, 2014

Caption Competition 51: Ferrari bosses

Caption CompetitionPosted on | Author Keith Collantine

Marco Mattiacci, Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari, Circuit de Catalunya, 2014

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo showed up at the Circuit de Catalunya to see how his new F1 team principal Marco Mattiacci is getting on.

What did Montezemolo say to rally his troops? Submit your funniest suggestion for this week’s caption competition in the comments below.

As usual a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

109 comments on “Caption Competition 51: Ferrari bosses”

1. FlyingLobster27
    17th May 2014, 12:10

“And then I said, ‘don’t worry Fernando, next year’s car will be competitive’!”

2. “So, who’s next?”

1. Sorry, but I’m more of a Close to the Edge and Caress of Steel guy, Luca!

1. @davidnotcoulthard

By “Caress of Steel” you mean “2112”, right?

1. @cjpdk
          Believe me, I didn’t. I certainly didn’t.

3. Jon (@patomilan)
    17th May 2014, 12:11

“Well, this is awkward…”

4. “Do I have to show my fist?”

5. Marco- “Stayin alive stayin aliv…..OH! Luca I didn’t see you there! I was just testing my headset….

6. “If only he knew what we were calling him on the radio!”

7. MM: And then I got on the radio to Kimi and said “Fernando is faster than you…” I was unsure what his reaction was because he reacts to everything in the same way!

1. PMccarthy_is_a_legend (@pmccarthy_is_a_legend)
      17th May 2014, 15:49

What? @craigo-o

2. “…and then I said to Kimi, ‘we don’t have a number 2 driver at Ferrari'” :D

8. Why don’t we start team orders even earlier this year? We’re already so many points behind – Forza Fernando!

9. Hey, you’re both right, he wants me to speak to someone called Newey

10. LDM: He he he, he doesn’t know what is going on?

11. Luca: “good luck, muhaha”

12. “I’m a joke”

13. Luca: Does Fernando knows he is going to be lapped today by Mercedes?
    Marco: No, he wont be. We are switching him on a faster strategy and let Kimi be lapped down.
    Luca: Kimi will be furious!!
    Marco : We can always give him icecreams to cool down :P

1. Luca: You are learning the tricks of trade too early.. :D

2. winner

14. “And so we all agree it would be a shame if anything unfortunate were to happen to your kids or wife … Now, lose the sad faces, smile for the cameras, and back to work !”

1. hahaha perfect! :D

15. Just saying it sounds funny, try it………. Cost Cap, Hahahahaha!!!!

16. LdM: I’m finally quitting, guys!

17. Luca and a co-conspirator are seen here initiating Marco Mattiacci with the old shaving-cream-in-the-headphones gag.

18. Magnificent Geoffrey (@magnificent-geoffrey)
    17th May 2014, 13:22

Luca: “…and then I told the press, ‘we’ll be fighting for wins from the start next season!'”

19. Kimoni Nakamoto (@)
    17th May 2014, 13:23

Guy on the right: “…but he knows nothing about F1 at all, who the hell is this guy?”
    LdM: “don’t worry, he’s just here to be scapegoated for how badly I’ve messed 2014 up. I’m bringing Ross back next year.”

20. Yeah, who needs Newey when you got history?

1. Chris (@tophercheese21)