Caption Competition 51: Ferrari bosses

Caption Competition

Marco Mattiacci, Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari, Circuit de Catalunya, 2014

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo showed up at the Circuit de Catalunya to see how his new F1 team principal Marco Mattiacci is getting on.

What did Montezemolo say to rally his troops? Submit your funniest suggestion for this week’s caption competition in the comments below.

As usual a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

109 comments on Caption Competition 51: Ferrari bosses

1. Todfod (@todfod) said on 17th May 2014, 15:02

Ldm – “Any chance we can catch up to Mercedes this year?”

2. Todfod (@todfod) said on 17th May 2014, 15:03

Another one.. not for competition sake.. just for fun

LDM – “What if I put a car salesman as Team principle next?”

3. Robert said on 17th May 2014, 15:06

Luca, “”we’re going to be using a Wankel”, when I hear myself say it I suppose it does sound a little funny”

4. hunocsi (@hunocsi) said on 17th May 2014, 15:07

Don’t look like you’re afraid of me! Smile for the camera, smile!

5. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 17th May 2014, 15:09

“Marco, meet the man who’s replacing you. I’d like you to work with him so he can learn all about the role of team principal.”

6. tmax (@tmax) said on 17th May 2014, 15:42

This car is a joke !!!!

7. JeffreyJ said on 17th May 2014, 15:43

LDM: Is it true what he’s telling me Marco? Did Kimi really think he would get equal treatment?

8. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 17th May 2014, 15:44

Luca: Don’t look behind your back Marco…

9. JackySteeg (@jackysteeg) said on 17th May 2014, 15:45

“…and so I told Jean Todt that we’d be more than happy to take 2 million out our budget!”

10. maxthecat said on 17th May 2014, 16:15

“I made him an offer you couldn’t refuse”

11. mantresx (@mantresx) said on 17th May 2014, 16:22

Marco: Luca! I’ve found the way to make the car faster, we get a certain Adrian Newey, I’ll make him an offer he couldn’t refuse wink wink.
    Luca: Haha that’s a good one… you’re kidding right?
    Marco: Ahem, yeah sure.

The next day

12. Nick (@npf1) said on 17th May 2014, 16:22

A disoriented old fan makes Ferrari staff laugh.

13. bull mello (@bullmello) said on 17th May 2014, 16:25

LdM: “A trained monkey could do better than you guys. Right? Ha ha ha!”

14. Luca: Marco, we couldn’t actually get him, so instead meet our new Adrian Newey look-a-like designer

15. DaveD (@daved) said on 17th May 2014, 17:26

LDM: I hire a sock puppet to “be in charge” and now I can run the team and still blame him if things go wrong!